Police Warning Notice - Vehicle Excise Duty

Sponsored Links
Is this form marked CLE/2? If it is then the Old Bill report details, of the vehicle and tax displayed if any, to DVLA - who check to see what the taxation state is on this vehicle.

The current penalty varies but usually involves a payment of back duty and a fine.

I think the police can now find out vehicle tax, insurance and MOT almost instantly. Has the vehicle been SORN'd?

Sponsored Links
Unless something has changed very recently, lack of tax and lack of display of tax aren't criminal offences, so the process was/is that the police would report the situation to the LVLA.

Clearly the improvements in the electronic information storage and retrieval mean that this is now easier for the police to do, and the fact is that a vehicle that's unlicensed is likely to involved in other offences in which the police are very interested.

OOI, were you driving one of libby lou lou's cars? :D

Clearly the improvements in the electronic information storage and retrieval mean that this is now easier for the police to do, and the fact is that a vehicle that's unlicensed is likely to involved in other offences in which the police are very interested

The "improvements" now allow people i know without a licence, to drive with even less fear,as long as the vehicle is legal, they don't get the pull like they used to do.
A driving license must be next on the list.

Ooh, it's not me you have to worry about; it's all the laws you've broken and all the people and agencies you've defrauded. ;)

Thanks guys.

My Ma got one and is worried about it (she's 71).

She has paid for the tax, but it had not arrived, so she thought she was OK to drive it anyway.

what was it ?, a letter, a form stuck to a vehicle.? issued by a copper to you?

A postcard sized card stuck to windscreen by copper on street.

It is a CLE 2, but the geezer that filled it in omitted his badge number. Is it invalid?

libby lou lou said:
OK, but look at all the money iv'e saved, get in the real world softus, not your own.
If money is that important to you then good luck with it. I'm happy to exist in a world where I don't have to worry about a tap on the shoulder, and I don't need to lie in order to obtain (a) insurance, and (b) advice on an Internet forum.

ss, she will be ok, failure to display should'nt really affect her, as it's been paid for.

If it was'nt paid for, i believe they would of had the waggon out, and the car will of been removed,look after her, make sure it does'nt happen again, if only for her worrying, ;)

money is that important to you then good luck with it. I'm happy to exist in a world where I don't have to worry about a tap on the shoulder, and I don't need to lie in order to obtain (a) insurance, and (b) advice on an Internet forum.

money is important to me, not to you, or your neighbours (sp) and customers? i do not worry about a tap on the shoulder, never, because i'm legal, i may twist my words to the ins company, like the gov does to you and many other millions, you keep putting up with the high cost, i won't.
Short Story'

hello insurance, can you insure me for carrying scrap,

Sorry sir, can't do that, but can insure you for carrying your OWN goods for £1200.

No thanks, i'm already insured for that for £300, because when it's on my vehicle, the goods (washers, cookers etc, ) they belong to me.

Leave it with me sir, will get back to you, he did'nt,

i am legal, get over it, because i don't do it how you think it should be done, dose'nt make me a bad person, some people should take a leaf out of my book.

Sponsored Links
Back