Off duty police officer sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
That's a direct result of Tesco's transition from being a shopping force to a shopping service, thanks to BS7671:2008.

Sponsored Links
The PACE act of 1984 changed the role of the police from a force to a service.
I'm curious to know why you believe that PACE caused a change in name, or manner of operation, from "force" to "service".
:?:
I have n`t a clue about pace or anything.
Seems I just haven`t a clue,

Policing used to be a force in that if you phoned 999 hey presto they turned up, but that was quite some time ago...
if you phone 999 you could/can sometimes wait a week before they turned/turn up.
Conclusion, they provide a service if they have the manpower which you`ll agree (well maybe not) is not a force
And perhaps I'm just thick, but I don't understand that explanation.

You seem to be reasoning that the police could be viewed as a force when there was sufficient manpower to respond quickly, but must now be viewed as a service because resource contraints have led to a longer response time.

I just don't get the point you're making. I especially don't get what PACE has to do with it, bearing in mind that your explanation cited an increase in crime as a partial cause, and didn't once mention PACE.

Er Pace act 1984 i would have thought was when they made that decision.
So if you're not sure, why did you post the original assertion as if it were a fact?

And if it isn't a fact, then why did you attempt to mislead readers into thinking that you knew more than Thermo:

Of course we could always hear your pearls of wisdom thermo.

And why did you poke fun at him when he sought clarification of your statement?

seems like the point i was making about where to put me x at the next election concerns others, bytheway where do you put your x.

Keep up softus O wise one we`ve already substantiated I`m clueless and as can been seen from text I`m looking round for answers.All is not lost though, in you I think I`ve found someone who can shed light in the dark recesses of my mind, where do you put your x?

Keep up softus O wise one we`ve already substantiated I`m clueless and as can been seen from text I`m looking round for answers.
Yeah, but we've been here before:

why did you attempt to mislead readers into thinking that you knew more than Thermo:

Of course we could always hear your pearls of wisdom thermo.
So you need to explain your previous disingenuous request for information before you 'cry wolf' again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back