Off duty police officer sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Self-deprecation isn't your colour, gant, but at least you're sticking to the point for a change.

Self-deprecation isn't your colour, gant, but at least you're sticking to the point for a change.

Sticking to the point has the downside of the amount you can discuss in a narrative. Often to make a point, although what might appear on the surface not relative to the discussion, in the overhaul picture everything is relative.
Even censorship (modding) has the ability to change the dynamics as can be witnessed in what has been removed.

Sponsored Links
...at least you're sticking to the point for a change.
bla bla bla bla bla
I retract my earlier comment.

You still haven't answered Thermo's question, regarding PACE.

Moderator 4 said:
Please note rule 1 (Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome.) - See here for more information.
various abusive posts have been removed from this thread. Please either keep it to the topic and keep the abuse out or the thread will be locked.
Well you might as well go right ahead and lock it then, because you've removed some non-abusive text that was central to the point of the topic. Sometimes I despair.

In fact, I don't know why you even bother with the "If you don't do what I say then I'll lock it" pantomime. It's hardly a respectful way to wield the power that you have.

I have answered Thermos question though as can be seen here.

Sticking to the point has the downside of the amount you can discuss in a narrative. Often to make a point, although what might appear on the surface not relative to the discussion, in the overhaul picture everything is relative.
Even censorship (modding) has the ability to change the dynamics as can be witnessed in what has been removed.

There is a rather longer answer, but I`m not sure whether I`d lose the will to live concocting, it or you would reading it
I`ll try and sort out a condensed version something i thought Thermo perhaps could have done rather than going down the route of us dissecting the minutia.
Bytheway I do possess the the google facility.

you havent discussed the bigger simple picture let alone details. Youv'e made broad sweeping meaningless statements without any attempt to answer a simple straight forward factual question.

you havent discussed the bigger simple picture let alone details. Youv'e made broad sweeping meaningless statements without any attempt to answer a simple straight forward factual question.

You can never lose it Thermo once you sign up you can never shake it off, mind you the pensions not bad. ;)

so you cant answer the question then. ill stop wasting my time

Well I've got a few minutes to waste, so have a go at this one gant...

For the very reason that a police force riddled with BNP members would quickly lose the trust of its public. Are you not old enough to remember the National Front?!
The PACE act of 1984 changed the role of the police from a force to a service.
I'm curious to know why you believe that PACE caused a change in name, or manner of operation, from "force" to "service". You had a go at explaining your reasoning here:

Policing used to be a force in that if you phoned 999 hey presto they turned up, but that was quite some time ago...
if you phone 999 you could/can sometimes wait a week before they turned/turn up.
Conclusion, they provide a service if they have the manpower which you`ll agree (well maybe not) is not a force
And perhaps I'm just thick, but I don't understand that explanation.

You seem to be reasoning that the police could be viewed as a force when there was sufficient manpower to respond quickly, but must now be viewed as a service because resource contraints have led to a longer response time.

I just don't get the point you're making. I especially don't get what PACE has to do with it, bearing in mind that your explanation cited an increase in crime as a partial cause, and didn't once mention PACE.

This later post of yours implies that you're not sure:

Er Pace act 1984 i would have thought was when they made that decision.
So if you're not sure, why did you post the original assertion as if it were a fact?

And if it isn't a fact, then why did you attempt to mislead readers into thinking that you knew more than Thermo:

Of course we could always hear your pearls of wisdom thermo.
And why did you poke fun at him when he sought clarification of your statement?

After the tonking you got on councils and Icelandic bank topic I thought you`d be walking round with a paper bag over your head, oh how we laughed. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I`ve been learning a few tricks on how to close down debate softus rather than play games.
I have n`t a clue about pace or anything.
No doubt you`d like the last word :LOL: :LOL:

Thermo Thermo I loaded the bullets for dear softus to fire i thought you were of a more dignified nature.

Seems I just haven`t a clue,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back