The true risk a police officer faces

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/4451508.stm

She paid the ultimate price doing her job and serving others, along with the other 37 that have been killed in the line of duty since 1984 (that doesnt involve those killed in accidents).

We all have views on the police and their worth and what they actually do, but as i have said before, who do you want to be there at the end of the day when you need them.

Ive not opened this post to start off any debate or inquest but merely to pay my respects to a police officer and a mother who didnt come home at the end of the day :cry:

Sponsored Links
2 blacks and an asian.

always the same, always will be.

sad loss

Don't realise how lucky we are sometime, a sad day.

Thermo, did you have a choice wearing bullet-proof vest? I thought it was part of the police uniform to wear it.

the armour the officer had one would not have had a chance against a bullet its a stab jacket

my sympathys are with her family

my guess is the officers will be armed next time an alarm sounds a suspected daytime robbery as they should be

Sponsored Links
15 years ago the police could stop and search black youths - until the race card came out to play.

We are reaping the reward of that decision.

Black male youth make up about 1% of our society and commit about 80% of the gun crime.

Search them at random, and if they've got a gun - lock them up for 5 years.

Time to ditch the race card and live in the real world.

joe

They had a problem with that sort of outcry in the US, they would do "gang sweeps" in the rough areas of LA. Sure enough, most of the people arrested were black.

The reason was, gang members are generally local to the area they associate with their gang. The high-crime areas in LA have a predominantly black population. Therefore, if you go into such an area and arrest gang members, they will probably be black!

well Thermo it looks like you unintentionally did open up a chance for the race ticket to be used once more!

I was working for the police engineers when Yvonne Fletcher was shot,they were holding a libyan student in the secure section of the police station ( the one they usually hold terrrorists in) they'd held him for two weeks yet they were releasing to the media that no-one had been arrested as of yet, very peculiar! anyway i'll always remember the comment from the racist officer in charge of this student, asking me to "turn up the heating, let the black bastard roast" in his cell.
I'd been called out because of a complaint that the cell was too hot already, that had got me thinking that they had already tried and convicted this student in their minds. no wonder there was all that media coverage later on about racism in the police force.
We got from first hand experience what ars*holes most of the coppers could be from their arrogant attitude towards us, only the D11 mob the black berets at the time and the Section house Seargeant were civilised towards us and treated us as normal.

As regards the body armour--you dont know where she was hit.

As regards the murderers i dont think it matters what colour they are in this matter it could have been a white robber.

I personally think all coppers are way past the time when they should be armed.

we did have a choice at first and then they made them compolsary. ours wre certainly stab and hand gun proof up to a certain rating. still leaves an awful lot of area to hit.

and yes youre quite right i didnt open up this thread to start a debate on whatever or whoever did, i did it to pay respect and perhaps remind us all of the risk they take and which many take for granted

kendor said:
well Thermo it looks like you unintentionally did open up a chance for the race ticket to be used once more!

Kendor. Before you start bandying your favourite 'buzz-word' around the forum, please do me a favour and check your facts.

The easiest way to do that is to substitute fat or ginger people where the word black exists.

If fat or ginger people made up 1% of the population and committed 80% of the gun crime - would it be racist to suggest that fat or ginger people were randomly searched? No? Then suggesting random searches for a different identifiable section of the community isn't racist either. For crying out loud, find out what the word means will you?

joe

joe-90 said:
Kendor. Before you start bandying your favourite 'buzz-word' around the forum, please do me a favour and check your facts.

The easiest way to do that is to substitute fat or ginger people where the word black exists.

If fat or ginger people made up 1% of the population and committed 80% of the gun crime - would it be racist to suggest that fat or ginger people were randomly searched? No? Then suggesting random searches for a different identifiable section of the community isn't racist either. For crying out loud, find out what the word means will you?

joe
joe the day you stop talking out your ar*e is the day i might take notice of you!

kendor said:
joe-90 said:

joe
joe the day you stop talking out your ar*e is the day i might take notice of you!

In other words you have no answer.

You know I'm right so you are reverting to abuse - which tells me you are losing the argument - and you know it.

We are talking about identifiable sections of the community - it's not a race issue.

Now do a Google and learn what racism really means.

joe

joe-90 said:
kendor said:
joe-90 said:

joe

You know I'm right so you are reverting to abuse - which tells me you are losing the argument - and you know it.

We are talking about identifiable sections of the community - it's not a race issue.

joe
believe what you will, actually i was being factual not abusive.
you seem to go on about always being right and everyone else is wrong, do you realise that can be a sign of mental illness! ;)

kendor said:
joe-90 said:
kendor said:
joe-90 said:

joe

joe
believe what you will, actually i was being factual not abusive.
you seem to go on about always being right and everyone else is wrong, do you realise that can be a sign of mental illness! ;)

Since when has it been mental illness to be intelligent.

You really don't seem to understand what racism is.

It's you that is going on and on and on (ad nauseum) about racism - yet you don't even understand the true meaning of the word.

joe

joe-90 said:
Since when has it been mental illness to be intelligent.

You really don't seem to understand what racism is.

It's you that is going on and on and on (ad nauseum) about racism - yet you don't even understand the true meaning of the word.

joe
I was right you have ideals of grandeur aswell :)
You keep on and on about racism that it's getting boring now!
all you ever seem to do is surf the web looking for answers as you havn't any of your own.

Sponsored Links
Back