Pop up socket pole for kitchen island ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

ive been looking for a pop up 13amp pole for a kitchen island, i can find ones with USB charging sockets but none with network sockets, any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
What exactly do mean by “network sockets”

Do you mean RJ45 as used for Ethernet networks, or something else?

Ahem
97BA105A-5A35-402B-A821-06299BFFB1C2.jpeg

Sponsored Links
4 individually fused sockets. Don't they know plugs have fuses in them?
Just noticed fused at 3.15A. What. Your kettle! Your toaster! Wouldn't have that on a kitchen island.

fused at 3.15A suggests it uses odd size (physically) fuses ie glass fuses 20mm ?

Possibly made for a desk, not a kitchen worktop. But I posted merely to illustrate that if you Google (even a bit) then it’s possible that a solution may appear.
Over to you @markymark2406

There appears to be a standard (BS6396) for office furniture (which has recently been expanded in scope to furniture in general) incorporating sockets fed from a 13A plug requiring sockets to be individually fused and no more than 6 of them to be supplied from one upstream 13A plug, god knows why.

I would be very reluctant to up-fuse a product based on what some distributor says. Especially when they seem to be suggesting up-fusing it with a fuse that does not exist.

Last edited:
A MIG welder would not have a 13a plug on it if its loading was greater than 13a. If it was lower it should not matter.

I repeat:

Someone, somewhere does not know plugs are fused, or is seriously lacking in brain cells.
There’s no need to repeat. You obviously miss the reason for the fuse in this PARTICULAR environment!

Ahem
View attachment 271475

Very misleading instructions. They say you can replace the 20mm fuses for 10 or 13 amp, they then say these fuses are available to buy from them, and then they only offer 10 amp ones.

BS 646 fuses (19mm x 5mm?) supposedly only go up to 5 amp.

Would the 20mm 10 amp ones the company can supply do?

Or do 13 amp ones exist? Counterfeit or otherwise?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back