Pop up socket rules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm planning my kitchen island layout which includes a sink and pop up socket. I've searched for regulations regarding the proximity of their install and can only find the "guidance" of 300mm. Is this correct?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I'm planning my kitchen island layout which includes a sink and pop up socket. I've searched for regulations regarding the proximity of their install and can only find the "guidance" of 300mm. Is this correct?
I don't think you'll find any explicit regulations (distances etc.) - only all sorts of vague things about 'suitable' locations and 'adequate protection against environmental influences' (and the infamous one about 'good workmanship!) etc.

In other words, it's essentially down to common sense - and I personally would not want a socket closer than (probably not as close as) 300mm from a sink.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back