Powermax 135 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a powermax 135. CH stopped on Fri. Hw working Ok.Pump hot and also slight leak.Changed pump also isolating valve either side as they decided to leak when turned off so had to drain down and refill.Restarted and burner ran until water was hot.Then nothing.Burner will not fire at all even on continuous setting.No voltage on pump when CH selected.Display on clock looks ok.Tried restting clock (enter and minus) no joy.Have voltage between "Heating on" terminal and neutral on back of clock when CH is selected.Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Is hot water still working even when it's on timed on rocker switch if not its programmer that's knackered! Common problem! ;)

Sponsored Links
gaj have a look on ebay, i think theres a guy on there that repairs these programmers
his name is andy twose

:D thanks for replies.Have now sorted it out- the limit stat had tripped when the boiler was heating up after refilling-possibly still air in heat store.reset that and burner fired ok.CH would still not work so I rechecked for voltage on pump terminals and found loose connection on live.Cable ends cannot be secured tightly as they are held by plastic clips which are pants.(flomasta pump from Screwfix).Found loads of useful info on Interparts site-full installation, servicing and fault finding instructions,diagrams etc.Happy Days :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back