Pregnant eleven year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm Its really easy to jump to conclusions about this 'so called' news story, and its probably just what the news programmer hoped for when he/she decided to run it as news.
Knowing nothing of the actual circumstances who are we to say if the kid and the kid mother & father are going to follow the path that has been so lovingly crafted for them here on this board?
In a lot of ways I wish I'd had kids while I was really young, it would have been good to be on a similar generational wavelength with them, not to mention being fit and active enough to enjoy them as young adults. this girl will have a twenty year old friend/daughter when she is 31 - cant be bad.

as for the smoking and drinking - yes its not good. but myself I wonder what we expect of kids nowadays when we throw adulthood at them at increasingly young ages through marketing and celeb culture, keep them indoors through fear, give them nothing to do that doesn't cost a fortune and make no allowance for them to earn. force them to work their balls off through an education system that is increasingly under pressure to perform in league tables, resembles company training and is aimed at nothing more than aquiring certificates that are misrepresented as being tickets to better pay in the future, but actually are worth nothing other than proof that you behaved like an employee during the years when you should have been out there enjoying life and exploring what it has to offer.

Ooops turned into a rant there.

time to duck beneath the parapet perhaps.

Sponsored Links
And certainly a lot better than the earlier, bigoted, ill-considered rants from what now look likes a "lock 'em up and throw away the key" brigade. Shame, I thought some of them were more intelligent and thoughtful than that.

David P said:
as for the smoking and drinking - yes its not good. but myself I wonder what we expect of kids nowadays when we throw adulthood at them at increasingly young ages through marketing and celeb culture, keep them indoors through fear, give them nothing to do that doesn't cost a fortune and make no allowance for them to earn. force them to work their balls off through an education system that is increasingly under pressure to perform in league tables, resembles company training and is aimed at nothing more than aquiring certificates that are misrepresented as being tickets to better pay in the future, but actually are worth nothing other than proof that you behaved like an employee during the years when you should have been out there enjoying life and exploring what it has to offer.
Interesting thoughts (rant) David P, and don't get me wrong, but how do you manage to contradict yourself at least twice? And you can blame my lack of English that I can't put on paper correctly where and why I mean that.
It's the education and adulthood bit I can't get my head around: do you want A or B?

Sponsored Links
David P

So what your saying is, you wished you had kids at a very young age.?
How young would be acceptable to become a parent, in your eyes, ?
In your post you said the mother will have a 20 year old friend/daughter when she is 31 - cant be bad, do you think that its ok to have kids at the age of 11 then, :rolleyes:

My rant over, ;)

In this country it's not acceptable but in some others it's a way of life.

Funny world we live in!

kendor said:

Funny world we live in!
I suggest this 65 year old 'new' mother-to-be should join forces with this 11 year old mother :LOL: :LOL:

WoodYouLike said:
kendor said:

Funny world we live in!
I suggest this 65 year old 'new' mother-to-be should join forces with this 11 year old mother :LOL: :LOL:
they could swap notes? ;)

I dont know when physically a females body is capable of having children safely. I dont mean when they start to ovulate and have periods, I mean when they are physically big enough to carry a child safely, as some of my friends children who have started their periods very early could not surely have a baby without causing damage to their small frames.

I know that in the animal world females will be mated as soon as they can conceive in most instances.

We are not animals though.

I just wonder when a female is physically mature enough?

I didnt start to have my kids until 26.

Mentally is a nother thing entirely.

I see children who are as young as eleven who are promiscuous and who are perfectly able to act in a provacotive sexual flirtatious way.
I get saddened by this.

It may be the way in some parts of the world but then so is torture and ritual slaying and mutilation and rape and the taking of many wives etc etc.

I agree that when both youngsters are underage, say two fourteen or fifteen year olds, it becomes increasingly difficult to say what is okay and what isnt .(not talking here about what the law says)

I certainly would not form the opinion that two fifteen year olds having a grope and a fumble would then automatically go on to become paedophiles.

I would be concerned about some one aged fifteen who became sexually intimate with an eleven year old.

The press may have sensationalised the story but I think an eleven year being pregnant is a grave cause for concern.

toffee said:
.........We are not animals though. ...........

Sorry to disagree, but most of are. There are some low-life that have difficulty passing for anything better than slime mould, but the rest of do come into the animal category.

oilman said:
And certainly a lot better than the earlier, bigoted, ill-considered rants from what now look likes a "lock 'em up and throw away the key" brigade. Shame, I thought some of them were more intelligent and thoughtful than that.

Which earlier posts were bigoted or ill considered ?

You are entitled to your opinion, but why condone smoking, drinking and sex, by chidren? All three acts are illegal, but more importantly they are detrimental to this childs health and wellbeing.

Regardless of what happens in other cultures, this cannot be classed as the norm in the UK.

paulbrown said:
Which earlier posts were bigoted or ill considered ?

Quite a few.

You are entitled to your opinion,

Thank you.

..........but why condone smoking, drinking and sex, by chidren?

By identifying posts as being bigoted and ill considered is not condoning anything.

All three acts are illegal,

As are many others frequently committed by adults

..........but more importantly they are detrimental to this childs health and wellbeing.

As are many others frequently committed by adults

Regardless of what happens in other cultures, this cannot be classed as the norm in the UK.

However, the generating of bigoted and ill considered posts seems to be only too normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back