Prisons

Sponsored Links
Softus wrote

But we don't take it at the moment, so why do we "gotta"?

You do take it. Every week. :!:
Stabbings, rape, b@u@ggery, paediphhilia, child kidnap, child molesting,child murder, need i go on.?
Theirs no deterent at the moment. Softus ,your in a minority.
If their was a referendum in the morning ,capital punishment would be reinstated. So stop blabbering your usual tripe.

If people can be rehabilitated then softus I agree.

Some people can not, and as a father (are you?) I find peadophilia and murder of children very hard to stomach.

IF and I say IF they have admitted to child crimes and are continally going to re-affend when released I think their termination is quite justified.

Do you believe in euthanasia (probably sic). I have the opinion that it ends suffering. But suffering for who?

I think the CHILD VICTIMS suffering may be ended or at least the first part of rehabilatation.

David

Sponsored Links
With over 10,000 posts in less than 3 years I reckon that Softus - and the rest of us need a break from his - stick this down your throat - opinions. He obviously has all the time in the world to write them - thank God that I don't have the time to read them! I have taught only a handful of prats in 40 years of teaching. Lucky for me that Softus wasn't one of them!

Soggy_weetabix said:
If people can be rehabilitated then softus I agree.

Some people can not, and as a father (are you?) I find peadophilia and murder of children very hard to stomach.
I find it equally hard to stomach from a personal point of view, but that isn't the thing that guides my thinking when considering what the law should be.

IF and I say IF they have admitted to child crimes and are continally going to re-affend when released I think their termination is quite justified.
I understand that, and accept that some people will never change their minds, but the purpose of asking those people to think about it is to illustrate to others (who might not have made their minds up) how ignorant it is just to claim that convicted killers should be killed, when some of those convicted are completely innocent.

Do you believe in euthanasia (probably sic).
Yes.

I have the opinion that it ends suffering. But suffering for who?
A very good question. Often I suspect it's both parties.

I think the CHILD VICTIMS suffering may be ended or at least the first part of rehabilatation.
I didn't understand this part of your post.

bolo said:
With over 10,000 posts in less than 3 years I reckon that Softus - and the rest of us need a break from his - stick this down your throat - opinions.
Please tell me what opinions I've given on this topic, and which of them have been stuck down your throat, given that mostly I've simply and plainly put questions to other people about their opinions.

If you don't find capital punishment a serious subject, and don't have anything of value to say about it, then there are plenty of other kindergarten topics that would suit you better.

As I said Softus, I've taught a lot of prats over the years. When I read your posts, the following old Scots saying comes to mind! "O wad tae God the gift tae gie us, tae see oorselves as ithers see us".

Softus, the last bit of my post referred to the children who have been abused.

They dont have the ability to think like adults.

They are at the mercy of predetors who can think like they do when they wish to.

Personally, to a child who has been abused I can ony ASSUME they would never want to see the abuser again, and try to gather their life together, with phsycholocigol (sic) help probably.

By knowing the abuser has been either locked away for life or terminated may give them the confidence to continue with a 'near normal' life.

Im an adult now, and I have the inability to think like a small child so this is purely an opinion.

David

Softus wrote

how ignorant it is just to claim that convicted killers should be killed, when some of those convicted are completely innocent.

Innocent people being executed should accept their death (like Jesus did on the cross) knowing that hundreds if not thousands of innocent children or adults will be saved in the future due to their death due to the deterrent it offers.
We,ve all got to die sometime. Its just a question of when and I would rather die at the hands of an executioners (painless) lethel injection than say some excruciatingly painful cancer death. Its just a matter of looking on the bright side.
And anyway modern DNA evidence can prove a perperatrators guilt beyond doubt so the chances of an innocent person going to the gallows is pretty slim.

bolo said:
As I said Softus, I've taught a lot of prats over the years. When I read your posts, the following old Scots saying comes to mind! "O wad tae God the gift tae gie us, tae see oorselves as ithers see us".
I take your point Bolo, but this topic isn't about what you, or anyone, thinks of me, but about the solution to prison overcrowding, which is closely related to the penalties imposed for various crimes.

Since you've been teaching for 40 years I'm surprised that you don't have an opinion on the overcrowding, but what surprises me most of all is that the people who claim to have a clear head on the subject can't justify a death penalty that would, if it had been in force over the last few decades, have killed tens of innocent people, other than to say that they don't care.

For anyone reading who might be tempted to believe the opinions of the forum fool, DNA evidence is not capable of proving anything beyond doubt.

Soggy_weetabix said:
Softus, the last bit of my post referred to the children who have been abused.

They dont have the ability to think like adults.

They are at the mercy of predetors who can think like they do when they wish to.
Ah, ok; I see now.

I agree that there are tangible differences between a murderer (e.g. crime of passion) and a child abuser, but there are also alternatives to capital punishment, the very least of which would be to move the perpetrator permanently away from the victim and to monitor them for the rest of their days. There is also a precedent for a life sentence meaning literally that, the obvious examples being Myra Hindley and Ian Brady.

Sponsored Links
Back