Prisons

The problem is that they are told by people smugglers (travel agents) in their own country that all they have to do is arrive here and they'll get a new life with a house and free health etc. They then use their life savings on a one-way trip only to find out it wasn't true - but too late. The Government should advertise in their country of origin that they are not welcome here and that they'll be returned straight away - less their life savings.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
trazor said:
What really does amaze me, is that this government, is against capital punishment.
Yet routinely sentences innocent members of the public to a premature death, by not providing drugs to seriously ill patients, on a cost basis.

You could not make it up if you tried.................. :evil:

But the NHS uses up more tax money than anything else. Would you like to pay more tax? You have to draw a line somewhere.

I do sincerely hope that is your attitude, if ever the line is drawn under your name....... ;)

joe-90 said:
The problem is that they are told by people smugglers (travel agents) in their own country that all they have to do is arrive here and they'll get a new life with a house and free health etc. They then use their life savings on a one-way trip only to find out it wasn't true - but too late. The Government should advertise in their country of origin that they are not welcome here and that they'll be returned straight away - less their life savings.

but our government give them a few grand to go back tho, :eek: :LOL:

markie said:
joe-90 said:
the goverment are starting to panic :eek:

And so they should :evil: People have been trying to tell them that for years, but, did they listen?, Oh No, lets bury our heads in the sand.....

We reap, or should I say, they reap what they have sown.

We have enough british scum filling our jails, without letting foreign scum in as well.

But why are we suprised :eek: are we not the dumping ground of the world?

Sponsored Links
trazor said:
joe-90 said:
trazor said:
What really does amaze me, is that this government, is against capital punishment.
Yet routinely sentences innocent members of the public to a premature death, by not providing drugs to seriously ill patients, on a cost basis.

But the NHS uses up more tax money than anything else. Would you like to pay more tax? You have to draw a line somewhere.

I do sincerely hope that is your attitude, if ever the line is drawn under your name....... ;)

Yes it is. I can always sell a house if I have to.

joe-90 said:
trazor said:
joe-90 said:
trazor said:

Yes it is. I can always sell a house if I have to.

And for all the people who can,t ?......... your answer misses the whole point, and is selfish in the extreme.

It costs £41,661 to keep one inmate a year. Imagine a man commiting a crime at 25 years of age - the judge says that he will never be released because he will always pose a threat to society. Say he lives to be 75 years old. Even without including inflation that comes to just under £2.1 million. You're not telling me that executing a man like this won't save money?

http://www.newswales.co.uk/?section=Community&F=1&id=11408 Solution = gas worst offenders to make room. ;)

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article2359086.ece :eek:

I could argue the toss with you Softus but I'd be wasting my time - you would argue black is white all day long if it suited you.

Why must you try and enforce your opinion on others? Why can't you just accept that people have differing views. In fact, don't answer that, I'm not interested.

gcol said:
It costs £41,661 to keep one inmate a year. Imagine a man commiting a crime at 25 years of age - the judge says that he will never be released because he will always pose a threat to society. Say he lives to be 75 years old. Even without including inflation that comes to just under £2.1 million. You're not telling me that executing a man like this won't save money?
Apparently not! don't forget the lawyers, court trail, executing costs etc because on average the death penalty trials take 4 to 6 times longer and cost a lot more than the prison murder trials.

Also over the years in the USA, they have released over 150 prisoners from the death row because they were innocent. Luckily they wasn't murder from the executors. How would you feel if you was on the death row for something you didn't do?

Oh I'd be thouroughly cheesed off. There's always the odd exception and chance that someone would be wrongly convicted but you've gotta take the rough with the smooth. People are occassionaly killed by cars but would you ban cars?
The worst criminals should be gassed/hung/fried/jabbed/burnt for the good of the community and the tax payer. There's plenty of countries that have capital punishment - who are we to say that they're all wrong? I don't really care if anyone agrees or disagrees with my opinions on this matter. I was just saying that in my opinion the worst criminals should be gassed to free up space in prisons. Take it or leave it - I ain't fussed.

gcol said:
I could argue the toss with you Softus but I'd be wasting my time - you would argue black is white all day long if it suited you.
Black isn't white; it's black.

Why must you try and enforce your opinion on others?
If you feel that I've forced my opinion on you then you can't be very secure in yours. I started by asking you questions about your opinion and the reasons for it, not by stating mine. You felt unable or unwilling to even attempt to answer those questions, so I gave my opinion, which you're perfectly free to ignore.

Why can't you just accept that people have differing views.
It seems to me as though it's my views that you're not accepting, rather than the other way around. If you think life consists of just accepting what other people think, without ever attempting to open their minds to other, more humane, possibilities, then it sounds to me as though you have a very mundane existence.

If you've ever voted to elect a government representative, then you've contributed to a system that recognises free speech and constructive debate with the aim of reaching a conclusion - not unanimity, but a consensus view. If you'd prefer that people just state their own opinion and not discuss it, then you're posting on the wrong forum, on the wrong web site, in the wrong country, and in the wrong century.

sign0023.gif

gcol said:
Oh I'd be thouroughly cheesed off.
And dead too.

There's always the odd exception and chance that someone would be wrongly convicted but you've gotta take the rough with the smooth.
But we don't take it at the moment, so why do we "gotta"?

People are occassionaly killed by cars but would you ban cars?
People aren't killed by cars, they're killed by drivers of cars. :rolleyes:

The worst criminals should be gassed/hung/fried/jabbed/burnt for the good of the community and the tax payer.
You've comprehensively failed to explain either of those alleged benefits.

There's plenty of countries that have capital punishment - who are we to say that they're all wrong?
We're not saying that they're wrong, just that it's wrong for this country's society.

I don't really care if anyone agrees or disagrees with my opinions on this matter.
Clearly that's nonsense, or you wouldn't be continuing to justify yourself.

I was just saying that in my opinion the worst criminals should be gassed to free up space in prisons. Take it or leave it - I ain't fussed.
I shall do neither - I shall continue to challenge it.

BTW - your face looks bovvered.

Sponsored Links
Back