oompah said:
masona said:
gcol said:
masona said:
gcol said:
masona said:
gcol said:
No that would make me an executioner.
It's no difference is it? An executioner is a murderer.
Murder is the unlawful killing of someone. If you're an executioner it's lawful.
So that make you a murderer, you're agreeing for the executioner to murder on your behalf(?)
That doesn't make you a murderer - you're not following what I wrote.... murder is unlawful killing, execution is lawful killing. The executioner shouldn't care one way or the other. What I was saying though is that I COULD gas lifers without a second thought. I don't understand what the problem is. :confused:
Okay, it doesn't matter if it's unlawful or lawful, the execution is a murderer on behalf of those to agree with the death penatly. Executions is an uncivilized society, irreversible and is not a deterrent to murder crime.

Did you know it costs far more to execute a person than to keep them in prison for life?
Why?
gcol,

I haven't got time now, I got a plane to catch :LOL:

Do a search on google, it might be there somewhere

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
I'm not playing your game Softus
This is very much not a game. I asked you some questions about something I take very seriously.

I was just saying that if you get life you should be gassed.
How long after conviction?

What's the point in keeping someone at her majesty's pleasure at great cost to the tax payer?
1. Punishment.
2. Rehabilitation.

Obviously, you only get gassed if your guilt is irrefutable.
That's a bunch of horse sh*t. Some wrong and unsafe convictions take years to overturn, for example the following (with time served in brackets):

• Cardiff three [4]
    Siôn Jenkins [6]
    M25 Three [10]
    Raymond McCartney and Eamonn MacDermott [15]
    Birmingham Six [16]
    Bridgewater four [18]
    Stephen Downing [27] - yes, 27 f***ing years
So which of these innocent people's guilt was irrefutable, and which would you therefore not have had killed?

Yes I would gladly do the gassing - in fact I would be knocking on the window smiling and waving at them as they were choking.
No comment.

I don't think that strongly about it as to bother writing to my MP - hell, I don't even know who my MP is! Maybe I should start a petition on the petition site??
:rolleyes:

masona said:
oompah said:
masona said:
gcol said:
masona said:
gcol said:
masona said:
gcol said:
Murder is the unlawful killing of someone. If you're an executioner it's lawful.
So that make you a murderer, you're agreeing for the executioner to murder on your behalf(?)
That doesn't make you a murderer - you're not following what I wrote.... murder is unlawful killing, execution is lawful killing. The executioner shouldn't care one way or the other. What I was saying though is that I COULD gas lifers without a second thought. I don't understand what the problem is. :confused:
Okay, it doesn't matter if it's unlawful or lawful, the execution is a murderer on behalf of those to agree with the death penatly. Executions is an uncivilized society, irreversible and is not a deterrent to murder crime.

Did you know it costs far more to execute a person than to keep them in prison for life?
Why?
gcol,

What a crock of sh*te.

Softus said:
gcol said:
I'm not playing your game Softus
This is very much not a game. I asked you some questions about something I take very seriously.
Wow.... cowers in a corner cause Softus takes something seriously. :rolleyes: Get a grip and stop playing games T.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
I don't understand what the problem is. :confused:
That much is obvious. The original problem was that some people consider capital punishment to be unacceptable in any circumstances. The secondary problem is that those people have presented reasoned explanations for that belief, but your response is generally to say that you don't care.

gcol said:
Murder is murder, execution is execution.
If you can show me evidence that it's cheaper to keep someone in jail for life then I might change my mind.
You believe in the death penalty just because you think it's the cheapest punishment. That's so pathetic. :rolleyes:

gcol said:
gcol said:
What's the point in keeping someone at her majesty's pleasure at great cost to the tax payer?
1. Punishment.
2. Rehabilitation.
Yeah like either of those two things are common in prison.
Is all you have to offer a narrow and nihilistic opinion, without any reasoned debate?

gcol wrote

What I was saying though is that I COULD gas lifers without a second thought. I don't understand what the problem is.

This was on TV a while back about the percentage of men who could actually pull the trigger on their enemy during WW2.
The programme maintained that a percentage of men are actually pyscopaths who can kill without any remorse what so ever.
Quite a large percentage of men will hesitate when confronted with the enemy in his sights. (That study was conducted with British men if my memory serves me correctly).

As for overcrowding in jails the problem can be solved instantly by deporting all the foreign nationals who are serving sentences in UK prisons.
However this is not possible anymore as the Human Rights bill adopted by the current government leaves UK ministers impotent and powerless to carry out such measures.
By the end of next week another chunk of power (what remains of it that is)will be handed over to the EU when bliar signs up to the constitution deal brokered by EU commissionars and most likely steam rollered through Parliament.
Just in time before he leaves office ;)

On certain crimes like killing kids I agree with gcol, there better off 6f under. why would anyone want/bother to try to rehabilitate someone like that, waste of time and money.

gcol said:
masona said:
oompah said:
masona said:
gcol said:
masona said:
gcol said:
masona said:
gcol said:

Why?
gcol,

What a crock of sh*te.
Right I'm not on a plane yet :)

We can only talk about the death penatly in USA as it's still happening over there,

In Texas, the death penalty cost taxpayers an average of $2.3 million each year, about three times the cost of imprisoning someone in a single cell at the highest security level for 40 years. Death penalty trials are also longer and more expensive than ordinary murder trials.

Who gives a toss how much an execution costs if it prevents someone being released and re offending ?.

STOP QUOTING!!! Use the reply button :LOL:

$2.3m - is that per person?? (i ak because they are comparing this figure with the cost to keep one person in prison)

yawn.gif

What really does amaze me, is that this government, is against capital punishment.
Yet routinely sentences innocent members of the public to a premature death, by not providing drugs to seriously ill patients, on a cost basis.

You could not make it up if you tried.................. :evil:

trazor said:
What really does amaze me, is that this government, is against capital punishment.
Yet routinely sentences innocent members of the public to a premature death, by not providing drugs to seriously ill patients, on a cost basis.

You could not make it up if you tried.................. :evil:

But the NHS uses up more tax money than anything else. Would you like to pay more tax? You have to draw a line somewhere.

joe-90 said:
Illegal immigrants are filling our jails. They can't get work or claim benefits so they haven't many options left other than crime.

Your right joe, their cumming over here (UK) in there thousands was on the news 2 days ago, the goverment are starting to panic :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back