Prisons

Bring back penal colonies for murderers. Send them there for the rest of their lives,; no family visits, no letters, nothing. Basic medi-care if required. Self sufficient as far as practical with minimal support where needed. Effectively they would be dead to our society. The penal colony shoud be an island in a warm climate so we don't have to pay to heat them or give them more clothes than underwear, shorts and tee shirts. Devils Island type place. If the judicial system is proved to have made a mistake, well they are still alive and should be compensated. It has to better than death itself. The UK owns hundreds of islands around the World; Indian Ocean in particular. We only need one or two.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
gcol said:
What I meant is, that I don't think it's a clever or smart opinion, just how I feel.
But you said this:

With my hand on my heart, I could do that without a second thought. If you knew me you'd know I mean it.
So are you now saying that you only wish you could, not that you actually would?

Softus said:
Who's talking about killing murderers?
You are - you wrote this:

The worst criminals - the lifers should be gassed.
Or did you mean that you would gas lifers except murderers?

I'm talking about extinguishing the lives of people that commit attempted murder, I'm not bothered whether they actually manage it or not - attempted murder warrants execution in my opinion.
Er, you've lost me. I now can't work out who you want to kill and who you want to preserve.

Has any of your family been subjected to attempted murder Softus?
Not that I'm aware of, but what's that got to do with a discussion of whether or not the state should legislate to kill people?

Softus said:
Or is it your argument that the murder of murderers should be legalised?
Not legalised as such so that the public have free reign, that's not what I mean. The death penalty needs re-introducing.
The death penalty is currently illegal, so introducing it would mean legalising the murder of murderers, or the killing of killers, whichever way you want to express it. It would also mean the murder of wrongly convicted non-murderers, or the killing of wrongly convicted non-killers.

Softus said:
If so, what's your plan for dealing with miscarriages of justice that are discovered too late, i.e. after an innocent person was convicted of murder and then murdered?
There will always be the odd case that goes wrong, sh*t happens and I accept that. I accept that there would be big compensation claims every now and then, but in my opinion (and that's all I can offer) wiping out the scum of the Earth is a bigger benefit.
So let me see if I've got this right...

You seriously wish that the law should be changed so that all people convicted of murder should be killed. If someone was later found to be innocent, then you'd give that person's family some money. But if no evidence of the dead person's innocence emerged, then you wouldn't give their families anything.

Have I got that right? Is that how you see it would work?

So would you give money to the family of the murderer's victim? Or is the killing supposed to be the compensation?

Have you asked your MP to table this proposal in parliament? Or don't you feel strongly enough about it to write to your MP? It would be odd if you didn't, since you felt strongly enough about it to suggest it on the open forum.

Just in case you have, I'll now write to my MP and ask him to ensure, at every opportunity that he ever has, to vote against the death penalty. If everyone who had a strong belief did this, then the very thing that was made illegal in 1999 would never again be legal.
I'm not playing your game Softus, I was just saying that if you get life you should be gassed. What's the point in keeping someone at her majesty's pleasure at great cost to the tax payer? Obviously, you only get gassed if your guilt is irrefutable. Yes I would gladly do the gassing - in fact I would be knocking on the window smiling and waving at them as they were choking.
I don't think that strongly about it as to bother writing to my MP - hell, I don't even know who my MP is! Maybe I should start a petition on the petition site??

gcol said:
Yes I would gladly do the gassing - in fact I would be knocking on the window smiling and waving at them as they were choking.
Doesn't that make you a murderer?

Sponsored Links
I seem to recall reading recently of some prisoners serving life in the states asking for the death penalty to be reintroduced.
Apparently they preferred it to the living death sentence that they were currently serving.

I think Paedophiles of any description should have there *******s chopped off, like you do with a dog........

Murders and Rapist should be put on an island prison in the middle of the ocean, like Alcatraz to live out there days away from society..................

:rolleyes:

chezzer0361 said:
Murders and Rapist should be put on an island prison in the middle of the ocean, like Alcatraz to live out there days away from society...
That's been tried once - they called it Austrailia. The trouble with that is that the blighters breed. Or are you suggesting you have seperate islands for men and women?

god yes, put them on separate islands of course, don't want them enjoying themselves in any shape or form.................. :eek:

leave them there to rot, out of harms way............. ;)

gcol said:
masona said:
gcol said:
No that would make me an executioner.
It's no difference is it? An executioner is a murderer.
Murder is the unlawful killing of someone. If you're an executioner it's lawful.
So that make you a murderer, you're agreeing for the executioner to murder on your behalf(?)

chezzer0361 said:
I think Paedophiles of any description should have there **** chopped off, like you do with a dog........
quote]

Put one of these monsters in a small room with Half a dozen mothers who's kids have suffered at the hands of these animals, and each woman have a couple of house bricks, and let the women take it in turn, to make him a eunich, he would never interfere with a child again.

gcol said:
chezzer0361 said:
Murders and Rapist should be put on an island prison in the middle of the ocean, like Alcatraz to live out there days away from society...
That's been tried once - they called it Austrailia. The trouble with that is that the blighters breed. Or are you suggesting you have seperate islands for men and women?

and think they get good at sport, and come over here saying how good it is over there and whinge lots too

nobody can convince me that something like the following would not see a sharp decline in assaults / murders

carrying a knife/ gun with intent to injure or kill..... 20 years jail

stabbing or shooting.. 40 years

murder.. one year in jail followed by death by hanging

if someone killed one of my family i would want them 100% dead

end of......

masona said:
gcol said:
masona said:
gcol said:
No that would make me an executioner.
It's no difference is it? An executioner is a murderer.
Murder is the unlawful killing of someone. If you're an executioner it's lawful.
So that make you a murderer, you're agreeing for the executioner to murder on your behalf(?)
That doesn't make you a murderer - you're not following what I wrote.... murder is unlawful killing, execution is lawful killing. The executioner shouldn't care one way or the other. What I was saying though is that I COULD gas lifers without a second thought. I don't understand what the problem is. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back