Public holiday - State funeral

Deletion of parts of posts is alteration
Moderators encourage posters to be specific when responding to a quoted copied post. If that means cutting meaningless waffle from a post, thus responding a specific sentence or word, so be it. Editing is not necessarily altering. They are distinct and different.

Most of trans posts contain meaningless waffle and are usually splattered with emoticons.

Sponsored Links
Why are they grumpy?

She would argue that I spend too much time at work, and in the pub trying to avoid her.

It is a circular argument... I walk through the door, get the cold shoulder and think "why did I bother getting home so early"?

I'm sorry, I realised on coming back to the thread that perhaps it was not the world's most tactful question.

IME, I agree with you. It is a circular thing that isn't easy to break free from.

It sounds like she's hurt that you are spending so much time away from home, whether that be for work or going out to the pub.

I guess she realises why you are working the hours you do?

Does she work too?
She may look forward to you coming home at the end of the day and spending some time with her.

I'm not saying this will work in all cases, but I have found a kiss or cuddle and "How was your day?" broke the ice and opened up the opportunity for a bit of conversation.

I don't know who cooks the meals, maybe a change of routine once in a while would be appreciated. EG a takeaway once a week, although I appreciate prices going up etc... may impact this.

Ditto, but maybe you could go out together, perhaps to the pub or maybe to the flicks (if there are any left!).

Weekend walks are good, too. If you have a dog, even better!

I've been in this situation before and baby steps, little changes bit by bit, have helped improve things.

Sponsored Links
Moderators encourage posters to be specific when responding to a quoted copied post. If that means cutting meaningless waffle from a post, thus responding a specific sentence or word, so be it. Editing is not necessarily altering. They are distinct and different.

Most of trans posts contain meaningless waffle and are usually splattered with emoticons.

Blimey tis a wonder any thing if yours gets posted than
Tis all meaningless waffle

In any event I shall be up your way in the next few weeks on a mission

Hednesford I think ?? I can pop in for a cup of tea and a cake ;) :giggle:

Did not know there was a race circuit there

Hednesford is where
“ Billy’s Speed shop” is

She would argue that I spend too much time ..... in the pub
Not possible! You cannot spend too much time in the pub. Pubs are being killed off by the cost of covid crisis; spend as much time as you can in them now, before they are gone for good.

Sponsored Links
Back