Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do my VCR and DVD player both have eject buttons on the remote, when I have to get up anyway to take out the video/DVD :?:

Sponsored Links
When the postman delivers a signed-for item do you not need any proof of identity if you are in, but if you're out and he leaves a card that you take to the sorting office why do you need POI, not of yourself, but of the person to whom the item was addressed?

ninebob said:
Why do my VCR and DVD player both have eject buttons on the remote, when I have to get up anyway to take out the video/DVD :?:
Sounds like your remote is out of date, mine got one these with the remote built in :LOL:
PickupGrabers.jpg

Edit: typo

Sponsored Links
CamperPete said:
ninebob said:
I have to get up anyway to take out the video/DVD :?:

Obviously you're not training the wife correctly if you have to get up yourself :evil:

I'm not 100% sure that ninebob has a wife.......... ;)

War is so stupid! everyone is going to die anyway! and then a load more come along :confused: how stupid is that? and it costs a flipping fortune.

ps has any one got a PDA?

Richardp said:
War is so stupid! everyone is going to die anyway! and then a load more come along :confused: how stupid is that? and it costs a flipping fortune.

If you got the words right you could have made a song out of that :LOL:

splinter said:
Richardp said:

If you got the words right you could have made a song out of that :LOL:
I thought is was a song :eek:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ninebob said:
I found this is something that has only come about in the last 7-8 years. Old VCRs never had an eject button on the remotes. I dont know why they brought it in though.

Perhaps it is so you can press eject, then while it is ejecting (if you have a really slow-mechanism'd VCR - or a really large room) you walk over to remove it - by the time you're there it has ejected - thus saving you from kneeling in front of the VCR for 10 seconds while it ejects!

ninebob said:

My cats are fascinated by the DVD drawer so I sit on the sofa and open and close it, they go bonkers. So there's your answer, its a cat-toy, obviously!

crafty1289
I found this is something that has only come about in the last 7-8 years. Old VCRs never had an eject button on the remotes. I dont know why they brought it in though.

They were mechanical then they went electronic.

I think its a ploy to find out how many lazy people there are in the world, everytime the eject button is pressed it adds another tick to the chart.

la la de de da! yep! that one could work.

I bought a mini cd player a while ago which had a remote control. My elder son and I were messing about with the remote after we had got it set up when my younger son came in to see what we were doing. I hid the remote behind my back and we both spent an entertaining 5 minutes demonstrating to my younger son how we could get the drawer to open/close, cd's to play and the radio to change station merely by using vocal commands or even hand-signals.

baldy01 said:
My cats are fascinated by the DVD drawer so I sit on the sofa and open and close it, they go bonkers. So there's your answer, its a cat-toy, obviously!
Oh a DVD drawer is so last-century.

Get a laser pointer.

Sponsored Links
Back