Race report. UK a model for other white countries

However Dr Sewell fails to ask the all important question: "Why are ethnic minorities in that position
Is it not the case that all immigrant groups in any country always start off disadvantaged but after a few generations move up the socio/economic scale to better things.
The Roman Catholic Irish in America or the Jews in the East end of London.
These groups are now in the top tier of society in their respective countries.

Sponsored Links
It could be that a lot of black African immigrants tend to have good qualifications when they arrive in Britain.
This is why their children tend to work harder at school and are more aspirational than their Afro/Caribbean counterparts.
Yes, I could accept that as another feasible explanation. It also undermines Dr Sewell's assumption.
Either way, the parents and /or the children are not long term sufferers of structural inequality.

However Dr Sewell fails to ask the all important question: "Why are ethnic minorities in that position
Is it not the case that all immigrant groups in any country always start off disadvantaged but after a few generations move up the socio/economic scale to better things.
Therefore thieves are a necessity for society to operate
That is the rationale behind every "anti racist"
I myself believe everyone should be treated fairly.
A very simple philosophy.

Sponsored Links
I would have thought that it was obvious. The subsequent generations of those immigrants are not noticeable as children of immigrants.
They blend into the white majority. Therefore they are not distinguishable as ethnic minorities.

And the black people in the Southern states of the USA?
The blacks of Southern states of America
were never immigrants in the accepted meaning of the word.
They were at best involuntary immigrants or slaves for want of a better word.

That is the rationale behind every "anti racist"
In your opinion anti racists exist only to 'stoke resentment' and division to keep themselves relevant.

So I assume that you believe that racism does not stoke resentment and division?
Are you an anti racist, a pro racist, or are you ambivalent?

The blacks of Southern states of America
were never immigrants in the accepted meaning of the word.
They were at best involuntary immigrants or slaves for want of a better word.
But if they started off disadvantaged, wouldn't they have "moved up the socio/economic scale to better things" once they were freed from slavery?

Or did the Jim Crowe laws affect that in some way?
Or were the burning and massacres of black businesses just incidental?
Or were the lynching of black people not relevant to the injustices experienced by black people?
Or did the segregation of black people just happen by chance?

But if they started off disadvantaged, wouldn't they have "moved up the socio/economic scale to better things" once they were freed from slavery?
There is no comparison between ex slaves and voluntary immigrant groups in America.
Ex Slaves should be in a catagory of their own.
Generations slavery had maybe psychologically conditioned these people not to have higher expectation in life than what they already had.
Selective breeding to remove their aspirational gene probably accounts for a lot the problems in the black community today.
However blaming todays white people for the crimes of past generations is unfair.

Maybe psychological conditioning would be a better word to use.
Or perhaps something that summarises the systematic way that horizons are limited and aspirations are crushed.

Institutional racism perhaps...

However Dr Sewell fails to ask the all important question: "Why are ethnic minorities in that position?"

That's an easy question to answer. If they come to this country with little money, they start at the bottom of the ladder. There is alot to learn when your new to a country.
They are invited here to serve the likes of you and me because they do the jobs you and I won't.
They stay at the bottom of the ladder because the likes of you encourage more immigrants to flood the market of labour.

When there is an endless supply of labour there is not a need for companies to up the wages.

And the black people in the Southern states of the USA?
The "black people", the whole lot of them?

Are you saying that no black person in that locale has made something for themselves?

Sponsored Links
Back