Recess Ceiling lights causing dust

Surely the best solution, if it can be arranged with the landlord, is to have a normal pendant or surface light fitted and fill the holes.

Sponsored Links
Surely the best solution, if it can be arranged with the landlord, is to have a normal pendant or surface light fitted and fill the holes.

Yes it would be good. I am going to pursue with landlord but I bet they will just send a cowboy to patch the gaps. Now I fixed the main problem which was the light that had fallen down in the bedroom my eyes are no longer being irritated so it's a start. Cheers

Sponsored Links
When ever I move I have problems with what I would call hay fever, just simply some dust or pollen my body is not use to. Biggest was on return from the Falklands and Living in Suffolk, there was so little dust or pollen in Falklands and so much in Suffolk. Putting ones finger on exactly what it is can be hard, mould spores can be hard to identify as often we are unaware the mould is growing.

Last house there was a corner cut from a tile, not a clue why, but the extension with this faulty tile took 20 years before the leak became apparent, and another 5 before we found the cause, having fibre glass wet for so long was likely to encourage mould growth, and was likely one reason for hay fever, but only I had a problem, as only I did not live in same house for years, I worked away and had a problem each time I returned home.

Just stick a bead of clear silicon around all the holes, job solved.
While you might (mis)-use a bead of a Silicone product, a bead of the elemental Silicon would be difficult to obtain and entirely defeat your purpose.

A better "solution", if you are tempted to go in this direction, would be to use a bead of an "acrylic" gap sealer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back