remove main fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of a new business construction venture, a part of our work involves turning off all services and removing the main electric fuses .I have never removed mains fuses, could someone tell me how to do it ,or do you just pull them out?

thanks very much :oops:

Sponsored Links
Not yours to interfere with, only the DNO can give permission for you to do it as it is their property.
How it is done depends on make and condition of the fuse holder.

Sponsored Links
i think i have used the wrong term.The main fuse ,as you all say is not to touch.However,as part of a preparation package,once the property is empty,we must drain down and switch everything off and remove the fuses,i presume from the consumer unit,not the main fuse.

As its the fuses on the fuse box then turn off the isolator switch beside the fuses and just pull them out. Consumer unit there is nothing to pull out just switch off the mcb's. If you are asked to pull the main fuse before the meter do not do it

That would be a trick on a board full of mcb's.

I'd say turning off the main switch or isolator is the way to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back