211) INTRUDER 13:14:21 Zone 1
212) INTRUDER 13:14:27 Zone 1
213) INTRUDER 13:14:34 Zone 1
214) INTRUDER 13:14:54 Zone 1
215) INTRUDER 13:15:01 Zone 1
216) INTRUDER 13:15:07 Zone 1
217) INTRUDER 13:15:15 Zone 1
218) INTRUDER 13:15:26 Zone 1

Some forum members may remember this for a previous thread, its still an issue.

Over the months of this on going issue I have...

1. Replaced the wire from Panel to Contact.
2. Replaced with different types of Contact, the cheap white ones to more expensive heavy duty, at least 5 different types now.
3. Tried in different places, middle of door, top of door, bottom of door.

Lastly, 2 magnetic contacts, one in middle and one at the bottom of the door connected up so they would both have to break the loop to set of the alarm, and guess what this happened today, another false alarm (see log above).

I have even tried having the system set with the cover off the Accenta panel and wriggled the wires and pushed the contact block about, nothing.

Only thing that works is to omit the zone.

Ghost or fault in the panel?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Process of elimination.
Check zone terminals for dry joint, resolder terminals if required.
Link zone out in control panel and leave for a while. If this false alarms then faulty panel.
Change devices onto spare zone if possible or swap zones around, if problem starts on different zone,then wiring /device issue.

Yes I had tried linking the zone out and had no false alarms, the panel is very close to the door so the wiring to the contacts is about 2 metres and before these false alarms it had worked fine for some years. There is no tamper on the contacts they are just connected with the 2 wires to zone 1. I have tried many different contacts. The only thing I haven't done is the resistor at the contact, but as they have worked for years previously why would that make a difference now.

At looking at the log, how strange, 12 door openings in 4 minutes?

Yes change resistor.
Post photo of contact on door.
Change wiring to different zone.

Sponsored Links
Yes change resistor.
Post photo of contact on door.
Change wiring to different zone.

Sorry I should have made that clearer. I have never had a resistor on the contacts. And the system worked fine for years, including systems I have fitted for family members. The old response panels worked for decades. But this Accenta Gen4 Panel worked well for 8 years until this problem.

Would a resistor at the contact really make a difference after all these years of working without?

I'm going to try another zone, but I think I may have already tried this a couple of years ago, yes the problem has been going on that long. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back