replacing cartridge fuses with mcb's

(the coloured fuse shields should not need changing, as the cartridge fuse shields are the same as the breaker shields). Turn the supply back on - job done.

Regarding the WYLEX
I dont think they are actually, the base for mcbs are different thickness to the fuse bases, and will affect how far the pins go into the blades
Its poor advise to change just one part.

If rewire-able fuses the bases need changing.

If cartridge fuses you may not need to change bases

so far i have to assume they are cartridge, that was pointed out to me in an earlier post
havent had one out yet...and if they are rewireable i definately want them replaced

i cant fault the information i get her...thanks to all greatly
geof

(the coloured fuse shields should not need changing, as the cartridge fuse shields are the same as the breaker shields). Turn the supply back on - job done.

Regarding the WYLEX
I dont think they are actually, the base for mcbs are different thickness to the fuse bases, and will affect how far the pins go into the blades
Its poor advise to change just one part.

If rewire-able fuses the bases need changing.

If cartridge fuses you may not need to change bases

Again regarding WYLEX

Maybe
You would not know that till you remove the base and check, who knows someone prior may of left a fuse base in prior to the cartridge head.
Seen it in pubs were laziness has left breakers protruding different lengths
The new head and base are matched to allow the correct length of fork into the blades.
What advantage is there not to change both, the supply should be isolated first anyway,so low hazard risk, rather than leaving a wrong base creating an unnessacary fire risk

Ps wheres spell check nowadays :)

:)

i understood it perfiktlay

Sponsored Links
In this case they wouldn't fit.

It's obvious to the trained eye.

The spaces between pins prevents insertion.

The re wire able ones have and asbestos style thing.

Sorry mr crow. We are just having a discussion about something else.

Typical of here. Please ignore where wylex is mentioned

In this case they wouldn't fit.

It's obvious to the trained eye.

The spaces between pins prevents insertion.

The re wire able ones have and asbestos style thing.

good!..when i get one out i can check straightways then..
cheers

Sponsored Links
Sorry mr crow. We are just having a discussion about something else.

Typical of here. Please ignore where wylex is mentioned

sounds like wylex is the choice of the day ....i see proteus still do stuff...i looked on the website to contact them for the mcb serial numbers to fit this unit...they were pretty helpful

cheers
geof

Yes sorry mr crowe
you have proteus, so I will shut up about wylex, it was more aimed at future user searches, getting the wrong idea NOT to change both wylex bits :)

Proteus, is CEF own brand.
They are a very big company but do get a lot of critisism though they aint the worst.
they also make a lot of industrial/commercial stuff, carphone warehouse amongst others used there distribution panels in nearly all there shops

They are a very big company but do get a lot of critisism though they aint the worst.
they also make a lot of industrial/commercial stuff, carphone warehouse amongst others used there distribution panels in nearly all there shops

no worries...i understand the benefit of reading all the posts and know they are all related to my individual question...if i were getting a new board...guest what i would ask for..

it begins with a W..:D

Wylex arn't what they once were.... and suffered from a pretty major QA problem and recall around 2010!

Wylex are not so in voque nowadays mr crow.
I think on here hager seem to be popular, but this thread will no doubt go off track now.

At the end of the day you have these
$T2eC16J,%21zcE9s4g0u3tBRn3edl,l%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Providing proteus send you mcbs that are same profile they should fit.
I dont know your board , but some unscrew then hook off the busbar, others you have to remove the busbar entirely to get them out.
If you can find pics of inside a board you will get the idea, though im sure the people doing the other work would fit them for you

No. They are not Wylex plug in efforts.
It's a despicable 1980s Proteus thing.

no worries...i understand the benefit of reading all the posts and know they are all related to my individual question...if i were getting a new board...guest what i would ask for..

Try H …….

Regards,

DS

Those din-rail fuse holders are really past their sell by date! - Modern breakers clip onto the din rail, and are secured to the busbar with the bottom screw in most cases, and the red circuit phase conductor is connected into the top of the MCB, just like those old fuse holders, but much more convenient. Do check that the PFC falls within the MCB breaker's range, (usually 6ka/M6, but are available in 10ka/M10 versions too at slightly higher prices) before attempting such a change, unless there is a switch-fuse in the incoming tails feeding the board, as many others will probably state....

Nope it doesn't. It begins with an H, as DS has said. Tbf, I haven't fitted an amendment 3 wylex, but I did a plastic one in October or whatever, and it was awful. Hager are just much better thought out.

Wylex are not so in voque nowadays mr crow.
I think on here hager seem to be popular, but this thread will no doubt go off track now.

At the end of the day you have these
$T2eC16J,%21zcE9s4g0u3tBRn3edl,l%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Providing proteus send you mcbs that are same profile they should fit.
I dont know your board , but some unscrew then hook off the busbar, others you have to remove the busbar entirely to get them out.
If you can find pics of inside a board you will get the idea, though im sure the people doing the other work would fit them for you

that is beginning to occur to me...thanks

No. They are not Wylex plug in efforts.
It's a despicable 1980s Proteus thing.

Try H …….

Regards,

DS

:D i am learning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back