Replacing main water pipe Anglia water. what to use. Help

I'd say it would have to be the 28mm, this will encase the pipe. 22mm will be stretched, and may leave a gap open down the length of the insulation as it's too tight to completely wrap the pipe.

I agree let`s spend a bit more and go for 28mm. This things cost a fortune damn.

Sponsored Links
One more question. How and where you disconnected the old branch pipe from the shared connection. I unerstand that this needs to be done by an approved plumber but I do not understand from where they disconnected it. I have checked the round share access chamber on the street and you can only see a stopcock which is very deep. I do not see the room to do any work inside or I do not see 2 pipes going out.

I'm worried that I should dig somewhere else and this would be very difficult.

Any experience?

Ideally you'll need to locate where the pipe splits, and cap it there, but in all reality, this could be absolutely anywhere. Needs must, cap it where you can.

Sponsored Links
Ideally you'll need to locate where the pipe splits, and cap it there, but in all reality, this could be absolutely anywhere. Needs must, cap it where you can.

Below ground can be everywhere the branch. Unless you bring down two houses would be impossible to find it. Will speak with water provider as I can only see pipe where I have old stock cock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back