Rip-off or great value?

I can get a gas safe engineer to do a gas safety certificate in central London for £37 plus vat totalling £45 via openrent. That means the guy has to drive to my house etc

one would reason that the engineer is getting even less then that given openrent need to make a small percentage to stay in business

Yet somehow people here are advocating that a straight swap combo boiler which would take a few hours at most justifys a 1k a day rate for reasons that still remain a a mystery as myself and the previous poster highlighted.
So please perhaps you can educate me on how long a straight swap with a flush takes and why 1k labour is totally fine.

Of course I expect people to say “it depends” almost as if I was speaking to a law barrister

£60 p/h in most areas. Installs are more. Simple maths really

Sponsored Links
Mate had boiler fitted and plumber knocked £400 off because it only took 3 hours instead of all day. Pipes happen to line up. Thought that was good of plumber but there again he must of been on £100 an hour plus boiler markup. It cost what it cost I guess. Going rate for that work

Not true, my mate is an IT consultant for a very serious military mob and has been working from home since March , his encyption procedurs is massive, when he showed me it , so impressive, how do you think the military work when at sea or over seas on enemy territory ?

IS true.
Your mate is NOT "all" IT guys.

Some still work more secure than the MOD are or do not have access to the gear the MOD do.

IS true.
Your mate is NOT "all" IT guys.

Some still work more secure than the MOD are or do not have access to the gear the MOD do.
Not gonna argue with you @mattylad , I am not an IT bod but my mate is at the absolute top of the game , but hey ho everyone to their own

Sponsored Links
That is probably why "he" has the top of the game gear, not everyone else does - that's why some IT guys will have to keep going into the office.
Even the UK security services require some of the IT guys to go into the office for secure work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back