Robus T4 Linkable electronic striplights 8W not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a new house last year which had 6 of these lamps (Robus T4 Linkable electronic striplights 8W) fitted in the kitchen connected by 1 switch. 1 by 1 the lamps/bulbs stopped working over a period of a 2-3 months (after 10 months of working fine).

Is it normal for these to fail at roughly the same time & how long would you normally expect these to last?

Is it likely I need new bulbs, lamps or possibly something to do with the connecting electrics?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They will fail at the same time, since they were probably all fitted at the same time and have been used for a similar number of hours.

Most likely new lamps required, although those T4 things don't seem to last long.
Replacing the whole lot with LED lighting would be a better long term solution.

If you go for an LED strip, I'd advise putting it into a channel which you can mechanically fix to the cupboards - I'm not convinced that the self-adhesive type will necessarily stay stuck in a kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back