Room thermostat question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This may be a very simple question, or they may be a problem with my thermostat.. i dont have any knowledge of them.

I have a simple Honeywell room dial thermostat T3060. It will only fire up the boiler when turned to its highest setting. It wont fire up the central heating at any reasonable temperature. So i either have a cold house or a boiling hot house. Currently its 10C in the house with the thermostat set to 22C and nothings happening!

Is there a simple fix for this, or do i need to get someone in?

All the best
s

Sponsored Links
I get the click only at the max setting.

all the best
s

Sponsored Links
check the wiring of the existing stat, it may not have a neutral, most (not sure if all) new stats require a neutral so you will either need to be careful to purchase one without a neutral (if they are available) or rather than run a new cable you might find it easier to purchase an RF model, saves decor disruption

check the wiring of the existing stat, it may not have a neutral, most (not sure if all) new stats require a neutral so you will either need to be careful to purchase one without a neutral (if they are available)
A battery powered digital stat won't require a neutral, and will also tick all the boxes regarding accuracy, ease of use and value for money.

I'd personally recommend the Honeywell DT90E or Siemens RDH10GB - the former for its accurate TPI control (although its relay is a bit noisy) and the latter its ease of use and dual display.

Mathew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back