Running microbore heating pipes through kingspan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Looking for some advice regarding running two eight foot lengths of 10mm microbore heating pipework from a radiator in 70mm kingspan PIR in order to avoid a doorway.
Can I use a multi tool to channel out a V section, if so, do they need to be clipped in any way and can I simply cover them with mineral wool and then silver PIR tape.
The PIR will go straight onto a concrete floor and membrane then covered with 22mm P5 t and g chipboard.
Any advice will be truly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi All
Looking for some advice regarding running two eight foot lengths of 10mm microbore heating pipework from a radiator in 70mm kingspan PIR in order to avoid a doorway.
Can I use a multi tool to channel out a V section, if so, do they need to be clipped in any way and can I simply cover them with mineral wool and then silver PIR tape.
The PIR will go straight onto a concrete floor and membrane then covered with 22mm P5 t and g chipboard.
Any advice will be truly appreciated.
The multitool and foil tape idea will work as we have done it ourselves. No need for mineral wool though. Plumbers fibre sleeve would be better.

If you have a router it would work nicely, with a plank of wood as a guide.

Sponsored Links
And a 100m exclusion zone for the dust.
It's faffy but better done with a multi T and a straight edge, using the straight edge both as a guide and a depth restrictor. Then use the claw hammer to pull out the channel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back