Rwanda

He once said immigration doesn't keep wages low. Now there is a labour shortage and wages are going up.
no they arent

its what you right wing supporters do all the time:

you hear: "some people in key sectors have got a pay rise" you believe: everybody is now earning loads more

you hear: "some immigrants are criminals" you believe: all foreigners are rapists and murderers

you hear: "some people benefits are working the system" you believe all people on benefits are lazy scroungers

Sponsored Links
The rise in inflation is being largely driven by post-pandemic demand and the war in Ukraine. Inflation is on the increase around the world, with food and energy prices hitting record highs. The rise has been driven in large part by pent-up consumer demand after the pandemic and the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The rise in inflation is being largely driven by post-pandemic demand and the war in Ukraine. Inflation is on the increase around the world, with food and energy prices hitting record highs. The rise has been driven in large part by pent-up consumer demand after the pandemic and the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Oh look, what a surprise, a Telegraph reader posts the usual excesea and gets likes from rabid brexers.

Motorbiking, as a lawyer you should have the critical thinking skills to understand putting massive trade barriers between the UK and it’s biggest trade partner is going to be damaging.

Quite frankly your partisan dishonesty is shameful.

Sponsored Links
The Ukraine is one aspect. The rest is pretty complex..Given that economic activity in some areas hasn't reached pre covid levels consumer demand doesn't make much sense. Figures looked better for a while because average consumer bank balances increased during covid. The BofE still isn't sure if people will spend all of it.

Covid caused orders to be cancelled. Some loss of profit. Debt. "Recovery" caused back orders that needed to be filled. The UK was even short of glass during covid. That sort of thing causes price increases. Shipping costs increased. That appears to be down to higher demand than usual. Some one in the USA decided to call it a boomerang effect but only mentioned in one report.

Then fuels in general shoot up. That pushes the price of just about everything up, BofE thinks there is inflationary effects that aren't down to that hence base rate increases and some think they should have been higher now and it seems there are more to come.

LOL Oh forgot - yes Brexit has caused some also kept interest rates low which may be a very bad idea.

If wages are going up then why is there a rail strike today?

I dont think train drivers with what they earn are in short demand. For a change its lower skilled or unskilled workers that are seeing their wages go up.

you hear: "some immigrants are criminals" you believe: all foreigners are rapists and murderers

I'll wait for your link on this one too.

Someone actually said that?? I'll be goingva sleep soon. I'd be interested to see who said that.

Someone actually said that?? I'll be goingva sleep soon. I'd be interested to see who said that.

Do you agree with the following:

”a tiny minority of migrants are criminals”

or

”a tiny minority of people on benefits are scroungers”

here is perfect example of what you do:

Now there is a labour shortage and wages are going up

That is untrue, some wages are going up in a small number of sectors in some regions.

but you haven’t said that, your sentence gives the clear impression all wages are going up.

Do you agree with the following:

”a tiny minority of migrants are criminals”

or

”a tiny minority of people on benefits are scroungers”

I don't know any figures but the majority of people from overseas I have met are good decent people.

However it's you that encapsulates people from over seas as a whole when one is accused of being of ill intent or being a criminal.

Knife crime is mainly Black on black. It doesn't mean all black people carry knifes or are bad people. It just means some do.

And I get that white people do to.

Sponsored Links
Back