Samsung Galaxy S3

Well the S3 came today, been playing most of the afternoon as you do but struggling to get S Voice to work, seems to be very hit and miss, one minute it works then the next its constantly 'network error'

So, my question, does it rely on wifi, will it need to be constantly on in case you give your phone a command?

Help! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Crank - i've had the S3 since mid-July - very very happy with it, so i'm sure you wont be disappointed with your new phone. Can't help with S-Voice though, I've found voice controls to only ever be used until the novelty wears off (usually about 2weeks at the most) and then never used again, so I just haven't bothered attempting to use it. Find someone else with an S3 too and try out S-beam - guaranteed to make you smile at how clever it is!!

Alumni - i've upgraded from the S2 - not a massive amount of difference between the two, so unless you can upgrade without incurring too much additional cost, or unless you have a deep rooted desire to have the most up-to-date handset, i'd probably advise you to keep the S2 for a while longer until the S3 becomes a little cheaper. That said, one big difference is the battery life - despite being a bigger, faster phone, the S3 battery is great. We've been away for a few days this week - charged it fully on Monday afternoon and with just a 15min charging boost in the car yesterday, the battery still had 10% on it when I got to work Friday morning. The battery in my S2 used to last 36 hours if I was lucky.... Oh, and yes, what a joy the 'Kies' software is to behold - how slow is that....??

And I'm with the others on here - wouldn't want an Apple 'iProduct'. If I was given one, i'd sell it and buy something else.

I'll try persevere with it. It's just so different to the other androids i've had ane the difference between gingerbread and icecream sandwich is huge, the reason why I'm struggling.

Got 14days to make my mind up though :D

Well the S3 came today, been playing most of the afternoon as you do but struggling to get S Voice to work, seems to be very hit and miss, one minute it works then the next its constantly 'network error'

So, my question, does it rely on wifi, will it need to be constantly on in case you give your phone a command?

Yes, just like Apple's Siri, it requires an internet connection to function. It does nothing locally.

Sponsored Links

Yes, just like Apple's Siri, it requires an internet connection to function. It does nothing locally.

Pointless gimmick then :rolleyes:

Still, i'll spend the weekend finding my way around icecream sandwich and decide next week, again, it miles away from gingerbread which i had on my desire HD but come next month the jellybean update comes out so it'll be slightly different to use again :evil:

One thing i'm looking forward to is 4G being rolled out on sept 11th, coupled with the phones processor it said to be equivalent to 20meg broadband speed :D

Pointless gimmick then :rolleyes:

No ****. You expected otherwise?

One thing i'm looking forward to is 4G being rolled out on sept 11th, coupled with the phones processor it said to be equivalent to 20meg broadband speed :D

Which you'll never realistically get, and you'll never use on a phone anyway.

Which you'll never realistically get, and you'll never use on a phone anyway.

Hmmm i disagree there, if the 4G coverage is as good as orange say it will be then the phone will constantly be hooked on it rather than hunting between 2G, 3G, 3G+, HSPDA, GPRS and EDGE as it does now in which case using the internet from your phone will be more convinient, especially for me as i'm always out on site or driving so to fire my laptop up everytime becomes a nightmare

Don't forget they got done $560 odd million yesterday for pinching Apples.

It may mean it's off the market very shortly if not already.

i wonder who supplies the iPhones components.... its a korean company... begins with S....

i wonder who supplies the iPhones components.... its a korean company... begins with S....

Exactly, i believe they supply a fair few components, screens, processors etc etc.

Apple may have won because they have a million and one patents on silly nondescript operations, i do believe they tried to patent the 'touch screen' once, next they'll try and patent the on/off button :D

1 billion to samsung is pocket money, they pull in 5 times that per quarter in sales alone :eek:

Exactly, i believe they supply a fair few components, screens, processors etc etc.

Apple may have won because they have a million and one patents on silly nondescript operations, i do believe they tried to patent the 'touch screen' once, next they'll try and patent the on/off button :D

1 billion to samsung is pocket money, they pull in 5 times that per quarter in sales alone :eek:

and their component costs, may unexpectedly rise :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back