Scottish Independance

Just think though........ I dont want us to split away but if we did 56? Labour MPs less in Westminster and then no need for a coalition, David Cameron gets his clear majority......... what next?, interesting dynamics in England as Labour need the guaranteed vote from Scotland to win anything....... President Salmond is an arrogant slug of a man, Id hate to see him get any more power and besides I like you English folk............ Cmon you Spurs!!!...lol
without the scottish labour vote the tories get in everytime, england will be run by south east based tories with large parts of the labour voting north, midlands and south west not having a say in anything. god help us all.

Sponsored Links
Released on compassionate grounds

Prime Minister David Cameron today announced that Scotland is to be released from Britain on the grounds of ill-health. Legal advisers for the country, which was sentenced to be part of Great Britain in 1707, had been seeking a parole hearing in 2014, but a decision has now been made to release it with immediate effect following medical reports that’s condition is terminal.

‘We’ve looked at all the evidence and concluded that Scotland is in a state of permament decline and won’t recover,’ confirmed Mr Cameron. ‘Many of the symptoms are untreatable: stinginess, a love of deep-fried foods, continually producing top-class football managers and a misguided belief that Irn Bru is for drinking. It’s only fair that we let Scotland slip away peacefully into national self-determination.’

Scotland’s representative Alex Salmond welcomed the announcement. ‘Morally, this is the right thing to do,’ he told reporters. ‘Scotland should be allowed to die at home with dignity – although between you and me I’ve got a feeling its chances of survival might be a bit better than Mr Cameron thinks.’

The move has been criticised by American senator Robert Menendez, however. ‘This is a real kick in the teeth for all American citizens who have been victims of Scotland over the years,’ he argued. ‘Hundreds of innocent Americans have been forced to eat haggis on holidays to Scotland, and let’s not forget all the so-called ‘pop’ acts they’ve wilfully inflicted on us – Lulu, the Bay City Rollers, Susan Boyle. And don’t even get me started on tartan. It’s a disgrace, and Britain should be ashamed that it’s even considering setting Scotland free.’

But Mr Cameron defended the decision. ‘The UK has a reputation for compassion and fair play around the world, and this will only serve to strengthen that reputation. I know there are some who think that Scotland isn’t really sick at all, but I say them, just look at how few of them vote Conservative – something’s got to be wrong up there.’
Spread the word - share this story:

Facebook
Twitter
StumbleUpon
Fark
del.icio.us
Digg
Mixx
Google Bookmarks
Slashdot
Propeller

Click to send this story to a friend

Posted: Jan 11th, 2012 by ianslat

So sorry once again my ambition is greater than my skills :confused: :confused: . the above post was taken from "NewsBiscuit" but unfortunatly some of the text & photo has been " Lost in Space" or between the atoms but thats a different post. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Some of the reasons I have been given for voting for independence.
Greed - "Its oor oil we would ah be better aff.(Is it really all Scotland's oil)
Jealousy - "Am fed up hearin' the English goin' oan aboot winning the world cup. Ah hate them fur that.
Ignorance - "The battle o' Culloden ( There were actually more Scots on the British side than the jacobites)
Childish - " Am votin' fur Scotland against England,that's it" ( This was a 16 year old.) Salmond wants to give them the right to vote.
This is a huge vote which will affect generations to come. I hope these 16 year olds are mature enough to make that decision.

Sponsored Links
Well if they're old enough to join up and get married give them the vote- let them drink and see"18" films too....
The problem is probably the imminent invasion and war on Iran(yes, it's in the post folks), without Scots you've only got the public school officers left, eh what?? Not enough working class scum to man the tanks....Wonder how the "British" army would have fared in it's efforts in Iraq without Scottish troops?
Good serious issues raised about the implications from the loss of the Westminster Scottish Labour MP's and how that affects English politics- a perpetual Tory government!
I can then see the regional breakup of England, we'd be the catalyst...
It would be good if they left the clocks alone and didn't change them to ensure SE Home counties kids could go to school and back in the daylight...
And how can a country that gave us jellied eels and "baps"(they're "rolls" FFS!!!) possibly slag off haggis? Ever tried a baked spud with haggis and baked beans....mmmmmm!!! ;)

Just think though........ I dont want us to split away but if we did 56? Labour MPs less in Westminster and then no need for a coalition, David Cameron gets his clear majority......... what next?, interesting dynamics in England as Labour need the guaranteed vote from Scotland to win anything....... President Salmond is an arrogant slug of a man, Id hate to see him get any more power and besides I like you English folk............ Cmon you Spurs!!!...lol
without the scottish labour vote the tories get in everytime, england will be run by south east based tories with large parts of the labour voting north, midlands and south west not having a say in anything. god help us all.

PLEASE.

Some of the reasons I have been given for voting for independence.
Greed - "Its oor oil we would ah be better aff.(Is it really all Scotland's oil)
Jealousy - "Am fed up hearin' the English goin' oan aboot winning the world cup. Ah hate them fur that.
Ignorance - "The battle o' Culloden ( There were actually more Scots on the British side than the jacobites)
Childish - " Am votin' fur Scotland against England,that's it" ( This was a 16 year old.) Salmond wants to give them the right to vote.
This is a huge vote which will affect generations to come. I hope these 16 year olds are mature enough to make that decision.

I dont know if the education has changed much since the 60s, history lessons back then in Scotland were all about a spider swinging in a cave & Longshanks diabolical deeds, hence a lot of anger & animosity towards the English, if you disbelieve this, try sticking a St George cross sticker on your car & leave it parked in most Scottish towns & see if it gets vandalised or not. :confused: :confused:

Think "Iron Lady" will be an utter flop up here. [/b]

Not surprised with all that fooking rain you're having. She'll rust.

The Jamaicans want to go it alone. Now the Jocks. 2012's not turning out too bad so far. Just Wales to go. ;)

ABCW. either you got your facts wrong or i've been lied to, i was under the impression that Troon was "THE" golf course in Scotland. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

When Hadrian built his wall it was to give then their independence, its just taken them a little while to realise it.

ABCW. either you got your facts wrong or i've been lied to, i was under the impression that Troon was "THE" golf course in Scotland. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Royal Troon is a championship course, St Andrews is the home of golf and the main course in Scotland.

Of course Westminster doesnt want Scotland to leave the union . Over 12 billion a year in oil revenues and 1.2 trillion of forecast future revenues with more oil being discovered .
Thus keepin the UK`S AAA credit rating .
Without these the UK would be on a par with Greece.

If it benefited Westminster they would get rid of Scotland in a shot

Or perhaps they just really like their neighbours and dont want them to flit.

And all this sh#te about Scotland getting a larger share per person look at the actual figures regards money generated and returned per head of population .
It's real shame when you see it like this :cry:

Hadrians wall, and the Antonine wall, were built to keep us away from the Roman nancy boys who'd marched so easily up the country pushing aside all the indigenous ponces en-route. An empire finally realised it had been usurped/outwitted/out fought by the Picts, and the terrain meant they were totally out of their league...That's why the English needed us so much to build their empire. Hard As....

Think you`ll find you assisted, not did the deeds.
You lot could only make it to Ireland, we sailed around the world :D

Hadrians wall, and the Antonine wall, were built to keep us away from the Roman nancy boys who'd marched so easily up the country pushing aside all the indigenous ponces en-route. An empire finally realised it had been usurped/outwitted/out fought by the Picts, and the terrain meant they were totally out of their league...That's why the English needed us so much to build their empire. Hard As....

Hmm, I may be wrong here but weren't the bulk of these indigenous ponces...... errm, Kelts? who ran up to the far North, far west and South west until the sea would let them run no more.... :D

Hadrians wall was built to mark the northern boundary of the Roman Empire..... Essentially they were saying, we don't want that bit over there...

Anyway if the English didn't keep finding you guys wars to go and take out your frustrations in then you'd only get grumpy and start fighting among yourselves.... It is a service that the English provide free of charge.... ;) If you leave they'll have to bill you... :)

Sponsored Links
Back