Servicing a boiler, How Long?

• Thread starter charliechaplinspants
  • Start date
Giving it a Henry hoover isnt a service but most customers think thats all your there to do and panic if your not givin it a shake `n vac .Dont even get me started with BG :D

Sponsored Links
...So one would expect a strip down of the appliance, burner out etc, also gas analyser test, gas rating, working/burner pressures and general inspection of condensate traps and other inner workings, then? At least an hour? are we all agreeing a service on a boiler should take that long at least?

Do you really think time spent is always a measure of how well the job is done?

No. I think that a job well done should take a certain amount of time.

...At least an hour? are we all agreeing a service on a boiler should take that long at least?
I believe these were your words.

I reckon buderus is the easiest boiler to work on, and an engineer who is familiar with them and services one that is done every year, could do the job to spec in about 20 minutes.
A bbu that has not been done for years though........
Time needed is as long as a piece of string.

Sponsored Links
Simple a service takes as long or as short a time as necessary. And depends who does it some people can take a screw out at same time as undoing something else others take minutes to remove a single screw.
So providing what is required is done there is no specific time

dont forget raid the knicker drawer-10mins

cups of tea and biscuits-15mins

sneakily hide those "spare" screws in your pocket-5mins

The older you get the longer it takes to climb into loft to pish in the tanks

...At least an hour? are we all agreeing a service on a boiler should take that long at least?
I believe these were your words.

No, they were Clf-gas`actually. ;)

I, on a service, perform analyser reading first. Then follow my own service criteria, reassemble and perform second reading along with gas rating. This can take me upwards of an hour on some boilers and alot less on others.

Seems I am loosing the plot, must be going towards the end of the week; I need some beer to get my thinking straight.

I, on a service, perform analyser reading first. Then follow my own service criteria, reassemble and perform second reading along with gas rating. This can take me upwards of an hour on some boilers and alot less on others.

You sir should take note of what you read, and cast blame when your facts are correct.

Read it again.

I await an apology from a man :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back