Shop an illegal immigrant.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
According to the Telegrah that is one of the government up and coming policies on illegal immigration.

Is it:

A) A good idea?

B) A racist witch-hunt?

C) A bit of political window-dressing for the public knowing full-well that the government wants an underpaid sub-class to do its dirty work for it (without firing up inflation).

Personally - I think it's C.

Sponsored Links
Its the right thing to do.
No different from someone using a hose pipe when there is a ban, or parking on yellow lines, or not paying taxes.
Without rules/laws, we wouldnt know right from wrong.
We know the rules & if we are prepared to break them & get caught we must be prepared to take whats given.
Not knowing the rules should not be an excuss.

and how exactly do you tell who is illegal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can see well over 90% reports being wrong, malicious,divisive and ruin race relations in some areas

unless the the people reporting have to leave there name
and checks can be done covertly as some innocent people are going to be accused time and time again :cry: :cry:

I think it's a good idea in theory but how exactly do you tell a legal immigrant from an illegal immigrant? How many people would call up to report someone just because they "suspected" they were an illegal immigrant?
I'd imagine they would probably be inundated with calls from the public and eventually the system would fall flat on it's face. :confused:

Or perhaps as you say, it's just another PR stunt to win over a few gullible voters?

Sponsored Links
big-all said:

i can see well over 90% reports being wrong, malicious,divisive and ruin race relations in some areas

and checks can be done covertly as some innocent people are going to be accused time and time again :cry: :cry:

Beat me to it :oops: :D

Glassman said:
big-all said:

Beat me to it :oops: :D

no i am please its another ill thought out idea
and i am realy please "as great minds think alike" well in your case anyway :D :D ;)

i know of 4 that are going to get there collars felt and all are polish

i even fitted a hob for one of them when he was doing a kitchen refit

he done his own electrical work

say what you like about it being a witch hunt but something has to be done and done now

so shop an illegal go on you know you want to

Yep, definitely a C - All part of the Government's programme of making policy in response to tabloid editorial policy.

Many people don't know the difference between illegal and legal immigrants, asylum seekers or other categories. For example, (I believe) that all Poles in this country are here legally, but I bet you would get hundreds of people calling up to report them. Or Somalian reufgees. Or anyone.

I bet most people have never encountered an illegal immigrant in their lives and known it for certain.

are polish workers allowed to fit electrical items or gas ??

i am sure they need certaion tickets and they aint got em ( i asked )

landlords are loving it

combi swop over ( none condencing ) £600 all in :LOL: BnQ SPECIAL no trvs no room stats

20 FITTED in 2 months so no building regs adhered to and i dread to think what other rules n regs they broks and you say they aint illegals

:LOL:

Ah well, that makes them immigrants acting illegally, not illegal immigrants...

S'true - Honest !!

Put it another way.

If they set up a call centre with "X" amount of operators to take these calls then how long would it be before someone decides that it is costing the taxpayer far too much money to employ more and more inspectors to go round door-knocking and checking each case on it's individual merits?
It won't be long before the system is overrun with people saying they know of an illegal immigrant. I'd imagine it would be a huge task just to sort out the genuine cases from the non-genuine cases. How would they be able to vet the genuine callers from the "Im a racist" callers?

Immigration is a gripe of mine too and I agree that something has to be done but I dont think this is the right way to do it although I can understand that some people might argue that it's a push in the right direction.

Personally I think it's going to be another waste of taxpayers money.

You only have to look at the Child Support Agency as an example. They couldn't cope, their system was always falling down and it just hasn't worked.

My vote also goes to C. What a ridiculous idea. How do you know whether someone is here illegally, perhaps we could ask the illegal ones to wear badges so they can be easily identified?

Diyisfun said:
No different from someone using a hose pipe when there is a ban.

So are you saying that for someone to leave their home, family and the country they grew up in and then to secretly and illegally enter another country in the hope of making a better life for themselves is the same as using a hosepipe during a ban?

I can see it now "race relations are apalled that 73% of the people checked as illegal immigrants in the last 12 months were non white and this is sending out the wrong message, reports are underway" ;)

Have you noticed a trend with this government ?...their policy of 'legislate...legislate' has failed, as they only bring in 'bad laws' which are unenforceable..

So, now its up to us..

shop an 'illegal' immigrant..
shop a benefit cheat..
shop a hosepipe ban abuser..

shop anyone you have a grudge against!

Any idea what THEY actually do to improve this place?..

What about "shop" a dodgy MP? bet that would get a big response from the public. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back