Shoppers Rights?

I'd say, once you've paid for the eggs, they become your responsibility (even if your still in the store) If the store replace these (as a gesture of goodwill), that's completely up to the discretion of the manager/staff. I wouldn't think they had to replace them automatically, nor would I expect them to. ;)

Yes but you are well known for being an idiot that's always wrong.

Funny, isn't it, that some forum members can make directly offensive remarks and get away with it?

Sponsored Links
I agree. The idiot should be banned for being boring.

I'd say, once you've paid for the eggs, they become your responsibility (even if your still in the store) If the store replace these (as a gesture of goodwill), that's completely up to the discretion of the manager/staff. I wouldn't think they had to replace them automatically, nor would I expect them to. ;)

Funny, isn't it, that some forum members can make directly offensive remarks and get away with it?

they make allowances for him ,I think he may be on drugs ?? :)

Ok, before we get bogged down in name calling lets lead on to the second part of this thread.

We seem to agree that once you have paid for the goods, (be it eggs, fish tank or whatever), that they become your property and if you drop them the shop is not obliged to replace them but tend to do so as a 'Goodwill' gesture.

So, now the goods are yours does the security guard have the right to 'inspect' what you have now legally paid for and taken ownership of? Are you now within your rights to refuse to let him check without, say, a warrant of some kind?

Sponsored Links
yes the security guard can because u are still on private property i.e the shop premises /property

Joe, if you manage to drop your Can of Carling whilst staggering out of Tesco Express, there's not much damage done. Perhaps a bit of a dent in the can and you get sprayed with lager when you open it. But fret not, I'm sure you can manage without those extra few drops of alcohol.. (there again,,, maybe not)

So, now the goods are yours does the security guard have the right to 'inspect' what you have now legally paid for and taken ownership of? Are you now within your rights to refuse to let him check without, say, a warrant of some kind?

The security guard can "ask" if he can look in your bags. You have the right to refuse. If he suspects you of shoplifting, however, all he can do is make a citizens arrest and call the police. (he must have reasonable grounds to make the arrest though) ;)

they make allowances for him ,I think he may be on drugs ?? :)

You'd know. Give my regards to Albania.

Joe, if you manage to drop your Can of Carling whilst staggering out of Tesco Express, there's not much damage done. Perhaps a bit of a dent in the can and you get sprayed with lager when you open it. But fret not, I'm sure you can manage without those extra few drops of alcohol.. (there again,,, maybe not)

I will leave that to u joe on your next visit there :) give my regards to your German mate Otto ;)

than again u may be posting from Albania , is otto with you ? Scnapps & frankfuters in hand :)

Tell him to get ta fook as is your right.......................you might have to wait for the police though :LOL:

I'm not saying the customer is out to gain something. It is a pure accident
Precisely, that was the point I was trying to make.

The supermarket is likely to assume it was an accident, i.e. the customer isn't trying summat on. ;)

I think he has the right to inspect the shopping whilst on the supermarket's property and can't see why anyone would refuse unless they had something to hide.

More importantly, do I have the right to punch that bloke in the face? ( the one who stops me every week and tries to sell me Crystal windows).
:evil:

I think my reaction would depend on the security guard's attitude. If he was polite I wouldn't mind him having a look at my things (my shopping things, that is). If he was arrogant I'd refuse and happily await the arrival of the police. Then we could all have a look in my shopping bag together, giving me the opportunity of seeing some well-deserved red faces.

I had a bottle of rum fall off the trolley in Tesco's car park, the security guard saw it happen. Almost instantly someone appear with a dustpan/brush and very shortly after with a new bottle to replace it.

I also seem to remember when we had large home deliveries from Tesco if you found anything broken or missing they would refund you straight away if you called them - very open to abuse. eg I remember calling them about some broken eggs and they credited me for all the eggs - I think 4 dozen when only 3 or 4 were broken and they never checked or asked for the return of the items.

W.

Sponsored Links
Back