Should Boris return?

Just me check me records Dominic raab prime minister.......nope
And f*ck my tall hat they had brexiteers in the cabinet. Nowt like a bit of veeneer of plausability.

Sponsored Links
It seems Penny has been asked to step down by some MP's and Sunak has >1/2 of MP's backing him - BBC survey - MP's that have told them.

If things do go to Sunak and Penny gets a cabinet position I reckon she will be a thorn in his side.

The masochist side of me is fascinated by what the Tory may be forced to do. It's likely to be very unTory. If not more chaos might crop up. But no one knows what the OBR will eventually show. I wonder what interest rate they will assume as that may be set by what they release.

Mmmm the Mordaunt camp is now saying they have 90 backers.

Was anything agreed after the two met?

It would have been high risk for Rishi to test the vote of the party members.

BJ has nothing to lose, Rishi the reverse.

Sponsored Links
The cabals are now clearer. The ERG, The Borisonians and the One Country Group = Thatcher in many ways.

;) The ERG are the only ones that have made a statement and you can guess what they want and they don't care which one wins. Seems both may comply but I'd wonder if they would as things are at the moment.

The country group appear to include Truss and Hunt.

The Penny lot appear to want to force a members vote irrespective of what MP's want. One prominent backers seems to want a prominent cabinet position for her under Sunak. Eeeeeeek Deputy PM for instance.

Borisonians appear to be concluding Boris isn't on but Sunak has similar beliefs, Well he was involved then so a reasonable idea.

Going on 2 interviews of party members one older people and one young Penny didn't figure. Sunak did. The younger seemed more naive but more thoughful now. One thought Truss was still ok. LOL One of the older ones thought they should elect leaders in a pope fashion. Lock them up until the right colour smoke comes out. I'd withdraw food, water and booze.

Sunak is at 192 now bbc style poll.

The ERG are the only ones that have made a statement and you can guess what they want and they don't care which one wins.

I wonder if the anti-European Brextremists will be in such a strong position after the next General Election.

Now that UK has resigned its membership, it needs to reduce hostility to its neighbours and try to make the best of its situation.

Penny - if Sunak isn't opposed he gets Hunt's plans today. Penny's way one gets power when they are announced.

To my mind that means the best option is to get rid of her.

Now that UK has resigned its membership, it needs to reduce hostility to its neighbours and try to make the best of its situation.
BBC had a financial man on. I assume they chose one who reflects that ends view, debt the lot. He reckons Brexit figures in views of the country and the whole thing needs renegotiating in a pragmatic way. No ideology and fringe interests etc. I'd say it's too late now but one Tory on the box admitted that currently this is a problem.

BBC had a financial man on. I assume they chose one who reflects that ends view, debt the lot. He reckons Brexit figures in views of the country and the whole thing needs renegotiating in a pragmatic way. No ideology and fringe interests etc. I'd say it's too late now but one Tory on the box admitted that currently this is a problem.
Saw that, and I wasn't impressed. Lack of connection with reality. We're past that stage, though I suspect there may well be piecemeal deals done with EU here and there over time. NI is the elephant in the room though. Send Truss; she can "get things done".

Mordaunt - waste of time now. She's struggling to get 100 so she'd obviously lose in the head to head. Call it now.

They have.
TFFT

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone here wagered on Johnson winning.

I wonder if anyone here wagered on Johnson winning.
No, only politicians are that daft, or make claims like that to be popular.

Who 10 years ago would have bet on a PM who was a practising hindu?

Saw that, and I wasn't impressed. Lack of connection with reality. We're past that stage, though I suspect there may well be piecemeal deals done with EU here and there over time. NI is the elephant in the room though. Send Truss; she can "get things done".

Mordaunt - waste of time now. She's struggling to get 100 so she'd obviously lose in the head to head. Call it now.

They have.
TFFT
Like I said too late but the points he was making is why I voted remain. Also hearing lots of irrelancies being taken on by the public. I was sure we would be out and changed my car saving seval £k. Actually Labour had something or the other worked out with the EU and I can guess what it was.

I suspect they see Mordaunt as a feasible Boris replacement with a different appeal. She seems to be a Thatcher ERG mix.

No doubt you heard the mad economist on about fiscal bounce. Trying to say debt was falling without cut backs until recently. There were cut backs but still an interesting point. As many BBC interviews are including the financial man.

Be interesting to see if Sunak can keep the cabals together. Some pundits expect an election some time into next year. I'm inclined to agree. Labour in at the moment - I hope not. Better the Tory do something first otherwise they will be blamed for all sorts. It's better that the levels of pain settle first.

Fact is you know the country may go poof anyway. Whole thing fall apart.

NI - seems that an election is triggered there shortly. I think that could be an excellent idea as maybe more gains for the new party might be likely. They seem to have a more pragmatic view.

Last edited:
Just like Johnson had 102, eh?

Bob Blackman, joint secretary of the 1922 committee has verified the nomination paperwork and confirmed Johnson had over 100 nominations and could have proceeded to the vote.

Why didn't he?, no idea, somebody knows, but not anyone on here.

Sponsored Links
Back