Should Boris return?

Sponsored Links
Tell us then.
Too much chance of more ructions as he isn't popular with a number of MP's that ousted him. No point blaming Sunak for that. Declining popularity with the public. Polsters ask all sorts of questions to get a feel for that. Partygate is just a symptom of a tendency.

The need for a new face to our government. Actually when he said he would stand interest rates went up. ;) Some group must have thought you have to be kidding.

Too much chance of more ructions as he isn't popular with a number of MP's that ousted him. No point blaming Sunak for that. Declining popularity with the public. Polsters ask all sorts of questions to get a feel for that. Partygate is just a symptom of a tendency.

The need for a new face to our government. Actually when he said he would stand interest rates went up. ;) Some group must have thought you have to be kidding.

Yes, still too many divisions in the party, I can get that. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when him and Rishi met.

1666633009990.png

Rishi had far more than 102. Boris was going to lose.
No point his fighting, with that knowledge.

Sponsored Links
Channel Four News stated that if you added up all the supporters that each candidate claimed, you exceeded the number of Tory MPs in Parliament by about 60

Bob Blackman, joint secretary of the 1922 committee has verified the nomination paperwork and confirmed Johnson had over 100 nominations and could have proceeded to the vote.

Where did you hear that story?

Let me see.

From the "publicly declared, or personally confirmed" tally

Penny had 90
Rishy had 181

That makes 271

Johnson claimed 102 (most names not divulged for some reason)

Total 373

Maybe there were no abstentions and no fence sitters? No deputy speaker who doesn't vote?

But there are only 357 Tory MPs

Has Johnson ever lied before?

Sorry, my mistake.

Has Johnson ever told the truth?

Thats very narrow minded. Given they are all politicians and therefore Wiesels. I suspect the numbers went up on both camps once BJ said he was out. I suspect BJ did have the number and RS is going to give him a little role somewhere.

View attachment 283599

Rishi had far more than 102. Boris was going to lose.
No point his fighting, with that knowledge.

The nominations were by Tory MP's, the leadership vote would have been Tory party members so it's not that clear cut he would have lost the final vote. I think the nominations would have highlighted the support by MP's wasn't as great as he thought and he doubted whether or not he could unify the party, that said, I'm not sure anybody could unify either party.

Let me see.

From the "publicly declared, or personally confirmed" tally

Penny had 90
Rishy had 181

That makes 271

Johnson claimed 102 (most names not divulged for some reason)

Total 373

Maybe there were no abstentions and no fence sitters? No deputy speaker who doesn't vote?

But there are only 357 Tory MPs

Has Johnson ever lied before?

Sorry, my mistake.

Has Johnson ever told the truth?
It would have made no difference if every mp voted for bozza.
He could not be prime minister again for the same reasons he was removed from the job a few weeks ago.
Has everyone got political dementia?
We ended up with the farcical truss show because bozza could not be prime minister

Sponsored Links
Back