Should coppers carry guns?

Sponsored Links
I would say no, as you will probably escalate the amount of criminals that will carry them. Item on the radio said there is an armed response unit within 20 mins of everywhere anyway, but not sure how true that is.

I do think there has to be some with guns, but not every officer.

No from me I am afriad....as the last guy said we do need some armed response officers but only the selected few......the police force like any institution has its fair share of loose cannons and to arm them would be a really bad move...imagine one of your local bobbies is a dirty harry fan and put a gun in his hands...and he then has a bad day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nah

4 out 5 dont want to carry them, So what shall we do make them carry them.
Bring back the death penalty

Sponsored Links
Waiting in our local Superhospital, with the missus last week, I noticed two policemen walking along a corridor. As they passed by, I also noticed that both were armed with hand guns in holsters. I can only assume, they have a hardened crim in there as a patient (there was nothing in the local rag or news about any incident involving the armed response unit)

Having listened many times to the gavvers in the gym massaging each others ego, I wouldn't let them carry handbags.
Guns are for soldiers. Police are better at issuing speeding tickets etc.

give coppers guns and a lot more people will get shot

i truly think bobbeis do the chat and the searching and the garding, and the collectig for court etc.. but we need to hav an armed unit available for any incidint that kicks off,

Beat bobbies with guns is wrong.

Waiting in our local Superhospital, with the missus last week, I noticed two policemen walking along a corridor. As they passed by, I also noticed that both were armed with hand guns in holsters. I can only assume, they have a hardened crim in there as a patient (there was nothing in the local rag or news about any incident involving the armed response unit)

Sure they weren't tasers?

Nope,and there are far too many cases of missjustice to allow the death penalty.

we really need to differentiate here
we have traffic cops community police/specials/community officers
armed response

in other words several levels off actual police and several levels of non fully trained but equally valuable pcos and others

in my opinion only the highly specialized officers working in specialized groups should have active firearms

a few more should have non active but visual "arms" for reassurance in major airports /railway stations/shopping centers but with no clues as to wether the gun is armed or not
in other words an ability to show force in large numbers but only in a large group with the 60 or so percent with inactive arms the illusion is security

a few more should have non active but visual "arms" for reassurance in major airports /railway stations/shopping centers but with no clues as to wether the gun is armed or not
in other words an ability to show force in large numbers but only in a large group with the 60 or so percent with inactive arms the illusion is security

Profoundly stupid idea.

How is it that some police are carrying guns? Unless they are from special unit only?

I say no because somehow I think this would courage joe public to buy guns, you've only got to look at the USA in their gun crazy culture!

Sponsored Links
Back