Shower leaking in corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

So I noticed a leak in my en suite, and upon removing the sink unit that was up against the wall/shower glass (poor design), it uncovered a lot of wet and a mass of absolute bodge by whoever fitted it. The tiles don't meet the floor and there's gaps everywhere, i've cleaned it up but it looks like water was leaking from the bottom of the glass, and right up in the corner behind the glass profile - which i am totally not surprised given there is not a solid surface that the frame is fitted to at the bottom! See pics..

Of course the best course of action is to rip the whole lot out and start again, which I would love to do if money wasn't an object, so what do I do hear, assuming this is the source of the leak? Do i just cane a load of silicone in there the best i can? Do i try and retrofit some sort of backing so the frame can be properly sealed to? I have no idea

Attachments

• IMG_5789.jpeg
    IMG_5789.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5790.jpeg
    IMG_5790.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
Stand corner to corner on the tray and shift your weight.
Does the tray rock? Just a test to see if it's ok.
If solid CT1 is best bet.
You can use masking leaving a gap. Fill with CT1. Pull masking then run finger along on final time.
Start saving money to fix it properly

You need to establish if the tray is moving.

If it is or if it isn't, you will need to take the cubicle apart from the wall.
Strip out all silicon and clean. Leave to dry for 48 hours. Best put a fan in there.

Once all is dry , be sure that there is no movement with the tray.

All clean, dry and secure, you apply the silicone. Use a good brand. CT1 is too thick.

Leave to dry for 24 hours. Then fit cubicle with no silicone.

Once you're happy how it is fitted then you can apply a clear silicone to the outs of the cubicle. Do not do inside. 24 hours then use.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back