Sickos

Sponsored Links
Yeah that horse thing is a bit sick....

But let me play devil's advocate on the badger thing... don't get me wrong, i was a member of the LACS (league against cruel sports) until hunting with hounds became illegal - i then felt my work was done.

But the badger "ripped apart" story, well as i get older, i start to wonder what i think about this. Firstly the article uses massively emotive phrases... "laughed as the dogs ripped", "thugs", "tug-of-war with", "pregnant badger torn to pieces and bled to death"... etc etc

They were actually charged with "wilfully killing a badger, digging for badgers and interfering with a badger sett" doesn't sound quite so bad put like that ?

Just to contextualise my thoughts on this...two things... firstly, a million times a day (or much more) i imagine a creature feels teeth sinking into it's flesh, or a knife, or a car bumper, or a net dragging it to its death, or a spray of insecticide etc etc

But focusing on, say a lion.... we have all sat there on a Sunday night and watched a wilderbeast dieing in absolute agony as a number of huge lions start eating from it's rear end... and then killer whales that play with the seals they catch... the seals actually die amid the amazing footage...

Mother nature has decided that animals typically will use teeth and claws and rip each other apart. Two lions fighting over a wilderbeast will look like they're playing "tug-of-war", and the animal will "bleed to death", and it could quite easily be a "pregnant animal" being eaten !!

And secondly, it's quite common for people to love watching two humans face each other in combat - boxing, UFC etc ...

So i'm struggling with the significance of the animal killed... the method, which by Mother Nature's standards is fine, and then the "thugs" actually enjoying it....? you know, at least they're not raping kids or battering old ladies?!!!

For me the jury is out... and i look forward to any sensible response...

Sponsored Links
Where is that from :eek: What a good post. thankyou, (on paper) :LOL:

i don't really know how i feel these days about animal rights.... as i near the "great exit in the sky".... i suppose i'm thinking about the value of life.. dunno... very heavy stuff really !

But focusing on, say a lion.... we have all sat there on a Sunday night and watched a wilderbeast dieing in absolute agony as a number of huge lions start eating from it's rear end... and then killer whales that play with the seals they catch... the seals actually die amid the amazing footage...

Wild dogs eat things alive, big cats kill their prey first, they bring it down and choke it to death.

Wild dogs eat things alive, big cats kill their prey first, they bring it down and choke it to death.

ok hyenas, dingos.... err wild dogs.... my point is, humans haven't designed and built dogs !!

oh and being "choked to death" with about six piercings into your throat is ok is it? :eek:

The dogs ripping the badger apart were not starving. A lion in the serengeti kills to survive.
The people who did that to the horse should be thrown to the lions.

I agree about what happens in nature but that wasn't nature it was sickos getting a kick out of it, as with dog fighting, dont get me wrong, consenting adults can do whatever they want just as long as it doesn't involve children or animals

Can i just say, before you lot kick off... for the record, i am an animal friend.... i've had dogs, i feed the birds, love wild life, and have been a long term member of LACS....

Don't think i should say this, but in a more proffesional/controlled forum, i'd suggest Baby P should get a million more posts on said forum, than a badger !!! :evil:

If these bastards get such a kick out of been cruel to animals the next step is people.

I just hope I dont happen on anything like this I'd pick up what I'd need batter them.

A few years ago I came upon an old lady visibly upset stood by her garden gate she told me she'd disturbed some lads trying to break in to the back of her house saw two scroats running through some woods went after them and stuffed half a brick in to my back bag.

Anyway lost them in a warren council estate alleyways all over the place
goes round a corner one of had a lump of timber in his hands

"Come on you bastard !" as I ran towards him I got the brick out of my bag "Errrggh " he yellped and ran off.

Stupid on my part but the upset old lady got me all het up.
I know If I came upon a wanton act of cruelty I wouldnt be able to control myself.

If these b*****d get such a kick out of been cruel to animals the next step is people.

I just hope I dont happen on anything like this I'd pick up what I'd need batter them.

A few years ago I came upon an old lady visibly upset stood by her garden gate she told me she'd disturbed some lads trying to break in to the back of her house saw two scroats running through some woods went after them and stuffed half a brick in to my back bag.

Anyway lost them in a warren council estate alleyways all over the place
goes round a corner one of had a lump of timber in his hands

"Come on you b*****d !" as I ran towards him I got the brick out of my bag "Errrggh " he yellped and ran off.

Stupid on my part but the upset old lady got me all het up.
I know If I came upon a wanton act of cruelty I wouldnt be able to control myself.

Your last sentence, i'm with you on that, i would not be responsible for my actions.

Sponsored Links
Back