One law for ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where is this leading ? Wha tis the point of the law if not to be enforced ? perhaps we need Hunt Cameras in the fields ?
Judges reject hunting challenge...... Hunt supporters have lost the latest round of their legal challenge to the law banning hunting with dogs.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4215201.stm

Police told 'avoid hunt arrests'

The ban is expected to be widely flouted
Police may decide not to break up illegal fox hunts if the ban is upheld, BBC News has learned.

Instead they may video the hunt for future prosecution, according to police guidelines released under the Freedom of Information Act.

The guidance, sent to all forces, says police can arrest hunters, but are not obliged to do so...........
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4215201.stm
P

Sponsored Links
A wise and eloquent person once said, something to the words of "If the people of this country think they had a hard fight to achieve decent; Housing, Education and Working conditions then they have no idea of the sheer brutality they face if they try to remove the privileges of the ruling classes".
The flouting of the law by the rich landowners and their pathetic flunky followers on a day that Fox Hunting was banned was absolutely disgraceful. For them to say that they will stretch the law to breaking point is a clear statement of intent that they will cross the line of legallity and an arrogant statement of 'We're in charge'. Each extra yard they gain sets a benchmark and becomes the starting point for next weeks sadistic jape. What a bunch of pathetic creatures they are.

I can think of a few solutions to stop the cruel gets:

1) Dye all their hounds ginger, so they get confused and don't know where the fox is

2) Start a new sport of "Foxhunt hunting". It's quite simple, what you do is get some hardcore offroaders, and chase the to**ers in red coats about, with a bl**dy great big klaxon going off. Have you ever tried to stay on a horse with a 150dB horn going off? :LOL:

3) Get a load of French people over to eat the horses. They love a good bit of horse do the French, and let's face it, it can be hard to tell the difference between the horse and the rider in many instances.

4) A dummy fox. Remember that bit in "Crocodile Dundee" where people are hunting kangaroos at night? Well, what Mick does is uses a dead or toy kangaroo with a big gun on it to shoot at them. Should work with a fox, but it needs to be a really small gun.

Sponsored Links
We need to see this for what it really is.

Foxes are a pain to Farmers, make no mistakes about that, they do definately kill livestock and not just for food either, they need to be controlled and are on the increase. Not long ago I saw an urban fox carrying someones pet cat that it had caught and killed. It is no coincidence though that after all this time they rush through a clearly flawed and unenforceable piece of legislation. The Goverment know full well the feelings of the people on either side of this issue, they also know that many people don't care and see it as a class thing, they are against what they see as a snob sport.(just because they are snobs and nothing to do with foxes)

The Labour government are duping and treating the electorate as fools.If they had really wanted to stop it or cared about animal rights they would of made the penalties heavier, fines will never stop the rich doing what they want. If they had made it a custodial offence though, it may of worked, which is not what the Government wants.

This must be the most cynical Government we have ever had, just before the election they increase the rate support grant to ease council tax increases, they then call Jews on two occasions to increase their muslim vote and then they do this. They are hoping the ensuing and inevitable violence on our tellies each night will defuse Iraq and take it and other domestic issues out of the limelight. Cynical lying bar stools this Government, not for nothing did they perfect the term spin, don't fall for any of it.

D & J

I agree the govt are far from perfect. I also agree that foxes are a nuisance to farmers, indiscriminately killing livestock.

However, the solution is to kill them humanely, not chase them half way round the country then rip them to bits. That is the least effective way to deal with the problem...spend a whole day exterminating ONE animal.

Right.

hear hear
ok.gif

Poor old Tone, yet another example of 'newspaper' type action .. print and be damned ! Why is it that so much Labour legislation founders on the rocks of common sense and 'think through' ... ie. Make illegal a dumb 'sport' but replace the necessary culling of Foxy with ??? Cameras, yeah, no joke I saw the policeman on tv news filming the hunt .... do we need a copper to do that ? Spinning out of control ! What a total load of tosh ... perhaps John law cannot or will not arrest the fellow funny handshakers ?
Time for the lot of them to be put on the line ... What does a constable or a magistrate probably a non business person, have to offer a bunch of business people ... Simple country logic, I smell a fox !!
;)

However, the solution is to kill them humanely, not chase them half way round the country then rip them to bits. That is the least effective way to deal with the problem...spend a whole day exterminating ONE animal.

But they can still do this with just 2 dogs and a shot gun. Last night on the telly they chased and shot the fox but it was only winged. Although they never showed you, the hounds clearly finished it off. Apparently they are then allowed to pull the carcass about for a drag hunt. They can also still hunt rabbits and if the dogs find a fox and chase that instead its a mistake. That means it wasn't intended so there is no offence. unless they start taking dogs to court!

I have an open mind on this but I think the dogs and the chance of escape (although probably slim) may be preferable to being shot and then attacked.

Yes foxes need controlling and yes this needs more humane methods, (assuming hunting isn't) what it doesn't need is poor laws and emotive people. It is so obvious what the Government is up to. I am not suggesting they don't want to stop it in the long term but in the short term,(during the election campaign) the present situation suits them fine.

The police are also on a loser here too, they move in on the protestors, who are often trespassing and damaging property, are then accused of supporting the hunters. Who in reality may not be breaking any laws by having dogs and riding horses, unless they are caught chasing foxes.

The thing that gets me is that we are paying those rich landowners grants so they can go around terrorising foxes when they complain that there aren't enough hours in a day to do their work looking after the countryside for us.
It would be good if david and julie could keep the politics to the right forum and what the hell has it got to do with Jews and muslims!! you'll be blameing single mothers next :LOL:

We are all going "Bodmin" !! Politics are interwoven into everything this Labour Govn does, spreading paranoia ..... Is it worth voting at all for any of them ?? :cry: :cry:

I live in a hunting community the local land owners ask all their tenants to go out and support the hunt, these people live in tied cottages and houses supplied by their bosses in return for poor wages so their not really in a position to say no, the hunts often invade local gardens flattening plants and scaring domestic pets and children a while ago we had a "swampy" type chap and his mates trying to stop a road being widened for extra traffic for the eden project and the local gentry accused them of flaunting the law, now their the ones, posh yobs.

watch it Pip! we do witchcraft up here :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back