One law for ....

ok Dave, so now I'm getting my ankles nipped and I can her you laughing from here. every dog has his day ;)

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
ok Dave, so now I'm getting my ankles nipped and I can her you laughing from here. every dog has his day ;)

It's not you ankles i was snapping at Richard :)

Did I hear someone say grants? GRANTS? Don't get me started on agricultural grants!

Before CAP came about, the most efficient farmers in Europe, maybe even the world, were the English farmers and the Dutch farmers. France, Italy, Spain etc. were still in the peasant-farming tradition. We were profitable and competitive, they were not. In a free market countries such as the UK and the Netherlands would be able to export loads of quality food at decent prices, and put half the 2CV-driving Farmer Le Giles' out of business (I'm not stereotyping, remember one of the design requirements of the 2CV was to carry a basket of eggs across a ploughed field without smoking a filterless ciggie and doing a gallic shrug)

So, De Gaul's lot decide "Hmmm, we can get the MORE efficient farming countries to subsidise the LESS efficient farming countries, thus bringing EVERYONE to a lowest common denominator. That way we can open a free market at zero risk to ourselves! A-horr-de-horr-de-horr! C'est magnifique! MWAH!". They probably did some moustache twiddling at that point.

Of course, the UK wasn't a member at this point. De Gaul was allegedly scared that the UK would have too much influence, and that English would eventually become the official European language if we joined.

But, when we joined in the 70s, we had to take what was offered us. I guess we could have fought it but instead our government of the day (yes, I know it was Conservative) stuck its tongue firmly behind its bottom lip and said "Durrrr! Yes! We will give you lots of money, in return castrating our agricultural industries! DURRRRR!" They then sat about wearing dunce caps for a bit.

So, as you can see, CAP is a load of knackers. QED. Queer-Ears De Gaul.

ok Dave, so now I'm getting my ankles nipped and I can her you laughing from here. every dog has his day

No No No Richard I am not in the slightest bit interested in nit picking. None of us are right all the time, it would be boring if we were. Your political views are for yourself and are no problem to me, indeed I enjoy the left perspective because its nice to bring a little comedy into an otherwise serious subject. (politics)

Freddie, who I totally agree with and admire for making the effort to achieve what most of us would want, is totally and completely right here though. There are too many people in general talking about something they know little about. I don't agree with a tortuous death either, but foxes are worse off now than they were before.

Voting Labour or WHY is fine, but no party is always right and you need to have a more open mind. On this, Labour are taking the P**s.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
ok Dave, so now I'm getting my ankles nipped and I can her you laughing from here. every dog has his day
Freddie, who I totally agree with and admire
Yep! I agree with you Dave I think you are probarbly very similar, I wouldnt mind betting he shares some of your ideals, :evil: ha ha ha!

1109173683_couple.jpg

"Where does one hunt these days ?"

Freddie said:
how do you post pics on here????????
See this
Example, I'm sure pipme won't mind ;)
As with any picture you see on the website we borrow them, so if you click on the picture such as pipme post and click onto the picture, then down to "Properties", copy & paste the URL address which is this, http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/1109173683_couple. jpg then on top of your "Post a reply" tool bar click onto [ img] tab first then copy & paste the url address them click [ /img] again.
So should look like this
[ img]http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/1109173683_couple.jpg[ /img]
Sometime some website will not let you copy their picture but there is a way round it ;)

To bring the thread back on line.
These weren't slaughtered for their coats so it must have been for fun.

These were dumped about 50 mtrs from my home.

Well posting an image didn't work for me. I'll come back when I get it right
The pic incidently is three young foxes killed and dumped on a footpath

VeRetired said:
To bring the thread back on line.
These weren't slaughtered for their coats so it must have been for fun.

These were dumped about 50 mtrs from my home.

Well posting an image didn't work for me. I'll come back when I get it right
The pic incidently is three young foxes killed and dumped on a footpath

Terrible.

Should work :!:
1109173683_couple.jpg

If you want to to use your own photo then you have to upload it to a website.

Gents, locate your picture on your own hard drive.
Now go here for example (.. there are other sites) :- http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/index.php
Welcome to imagehost.darkernet.co.uk. You can use our service for hosting images which you may then post on messageboards or your website.
Before you run along and upload your image, we have a few rules which your image must comply with, please take a moment to review our rules by clicking here, or by clicking the rules link at the bottom of any page, any images which break our rules will be removed without notice.
To upload a file just click the browse button below, find the file then click upload file and it's done, fast, free, and no catch or hassle.

Read rules about pix sizes types etc

If a pix file is too large, say, greater than 100kB, <save as> from your viewing prog eg. Microsoft Photo Editor, free with windows, usually in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ folder (Win98se) <Save as> <file type JPG> should allow an optional 'More' buttoned sub menu where you can reduce the <JPEG Quality factor> compressing the image to a smaller number of bytes ... surprisingly without too much loss of quality. Having resaved your file, perhaps renamed and compressed smaller than 100kB on own HDD, then access darkernet as above, use <browse> to find file on your own drive .. upload it ... wait until darkernet shows file uploaded and the address of that file, tis that address which you copy <Ctrl>+<c> and paste <Ctrl>+<v> between the tags

<Preview> to see the damage.
'Voiler' as they say in Nempnet Thrubwell, 'Thees gotten wer thee casn't backen ... asn't ?'

;)

Sponsored Links
Back