SILVERFISH & HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM UGENT HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my understairs cupboard I have started to notice silverfish. I only ever see an odd one or two and obviously as these are nocturnal I only see at night. I have since (only because I couldnt sleep one night) noticed them in my little sitting room next to the cupboard. THEN, and this is what forced me write this, I found one on my sons bed. I presumed, as I had just brought washing upstairs that somehow I had carried it with the washing but then a couple of nights later I saw one on the his carpet. We dont appear to have any leaks anywhere but did have several when we moved in a few years ago. Also I know the thing about paper and carboard and all that but I cant get rid of everything I mean what about books etc etc that I need to keep. Is there something I can buy that will get rid of them and also how can I find out where they are coming from, can I set a sort of trap to tempt the little blighters.
Could they even be in my attic. After seeing one upstairs I am now totally lost and feel they now could be hiding everywhere.
All suggestions welcome. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well I must commend you all on your replies and helping to type questions into Google. I really didnt know you could do that.
What a funny mood we were all in last night.
Ok I know you can buy these things but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had silverfish, and how can I find where they are originating from as now see odd ones in 3 rooms. I dont want to go spraying insecticides everywhere if I can help it. What has anyone else done, this post has already had a few hundred viewings so that tells me others have either experience or are experiencing the same problem.
Shall we start again.
:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

they generally live on the paste that binds books at their spine.
other than that wall paper paste.

hello nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice

the google thing isnt such a bad idea. personally i have never had a problem with silverfish (knock on wood) in the house, in the brief minutes it took to google, turns out there are a quite a few household clean up ideas you can try to discourage them and there are a few products out there that claim to be THE answer. what got my attention tho, was the fact that if you are seeing them in the daytime and they are nocturnal bugs tells me that maybe the problem is bigger than you think? ( :cry: ) if you can get past the skin crawling stories of bugs (or their eggs) in your breakfast cereal or in your bed, you might find some helpful advice like vacuuming well, fixing any leaks or water probs that your house may have (they like the dampness) and getting rid of excess paper. sorry, thats all i have to offer...good luck!!

Sponsored Links
Back