Small sized plug socket

Yeah, I'm sorry, I meant to say the fore-runner of 1363. I have a feeling it didn't start life as 1363.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I'm sorry, I meant to say the fore-runner of 1363. I have a feeling it didn't start life as 1363.
I don't think that the "rectangular pin" type of plugs (or any type of corresponding socket) existed until BS1363 appeared around 1947 - and, as I said before (without knowing it's date for sure) I haven't a clue what the 1947 version (or any others between then and 1995) said/required in relation to the dimensions of sockets.

Kind Regards, John

upload_2022-3-20_22-7-31.png

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• 2013_49_winter_wiring_matters__complete_adverts.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 76
I hope you're not going to say anything rude about them - I have at least a couple (probably more) still in service in my house :)

Kind Regards, John
I for one, would never be rude about those sockets; the switch action on them is far too satisfying! :)

I knew that standards numbers for other plug and socket arrangements have changed over the decades and for some reason I thought 1363 started life with a different number but obviously I was wrong!

I for one, would never be rude about those sockets; the switch action on them is far too satisfying! :)
Quite so. In fact, I had a look around the dusty corners of my house this afternoon, and not only found some still in service but found that (I had forgotten) one room actually has five of them (doubles) - which must have been a pretty generous number for one room in the days they were first installed ... and, yes, the switches still have very satisfying clicks (or is it clunks? :) ) .

Kind Regards, John

I hope you're not going to say anything rude about them - I have at least a couple (probably more) still in service in my house :)

Kind Regards, John

The fuse pins tended to self unscrew, leaving the live end of the fuse exposed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back