Smart meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all anyone had this happen to them went on holiday for a month over Christmas. Turned everything off apart from freezer.c h boiler timer turned off.i have just had a bill for that period of 140 pound which is 10 pound dearer than my normal bill how is that possible I have a smart meter.edf said it must be right as it was from my smart meter reading .they have offered me 50 pound discount

Sponsored Links
Hi all anyone had this happen to them went on holiday for a month over Christmas. Turned everything off apart from freezer.c h boiler timer turned off.i have just had a bill for that period of 140 pound which is 10 pound dearer than my normal bill how is that possible I have a smart meter.edf said it must be right as it was from my smart meter reading .they have offered me 50 pound discount

Is your bill an estimate or actual reading?
Do you monthly or by quarter?
Is your account in debit or credit?
Do you have the readings from when you went away and when you came back ?

If EDF, is similar to other suppliers, if you have a smart meter, you can go online and check exactly how much electric you are consuming, on a 30 minute, daily, weekly or monthly basis. Have you checked what you were using, and what might you have left running?

Sponsored Links
Old-fashioned clockwork meters :LOL:

At least a modern smart meter, should have a trail of recordings, to refer back to. :LOL:

Should is the important word

I have end of month readings for our metres for over 10 years.

Old fashioned meters do have the huge positive that they are so easy to read

Don't have meter reading when I left .I pay monthly by direct debit I am in credit. Nothing was left running apart from meter.i had two days back before the meter reading.so it has cost me 140 pound for two days.they say it is a meter reading so it must be right.but that is impossible

Don't have meter reading when I left .I pay monthly by direct debit I am in credit. Nothing was left running apart from meter.i had two days back before the meter reading.so it has cost me 140 pound for two days.they say it is a meter reading so it must be right.but that is impossible

Log into your account, and view your energy use record. It should show how much energy was used, and exactly when it was used. That is part of the idea of smart meters, knowing what and when.

It's probably an estimate; EDF didn't believe the off-air reading so billed you on what would be the your average amount plus a bit more for the additional extra for Xmas.

Is the bill using actual readings or estimates ?

Don't have meter reading when I left .I pay monthly by direct debit I am in credit. Nothing was left running apart from meter.i had two days back before the meter reading.so it has cost me 140 pound for two days.they say it is a meter reading so it must be right.but that is im

(Personal data removed)

(Mod.)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my bill for that period .we was away from 23rd December returned on 19th January

Well it's your gas that is high not electricity.

Pity you haven't posted the additional pages of the bill - from that could work put the daily average of gas usage.

Don't have meter reading when I left .
This is my bill for that period .we was away from 23rd December returned on 19th January

Best to delete your name and address from the bill, before pasting it on a public forum..

It's your gas bill, which accounted for most of that cost. £77 worth of gas, is not a lot in winter, if you left the heating running set on a low stat.

Sponsored Links
Back