Smart meter

Bill shows £40 for electric? Most of which is daily standing charge . Xmas week £5.

Sponsored Links
The heating was not set to on on for the 4 weeks I was away.and it never goes down to 5 degrees in our house for it to come on itself

Sponsored Links
The heating was not set to on on for the 4 weeks I was away.and it never goes down to 5 degrees in our house for it to come on itself

So how do you explain the gas usage?

What does the page you haven’t shared show about gas readings?

You may not have been using much power but you are still being charged about 50p per day standing charge.

Peter

The central heating boiler has a frost stat which kicks in when below temperature it is set at, to protect itself from freezing. We have just had a cold spell. Better a small gas bill than burst pipes and the damage that causes. As previous poster said, you have a daily standing charge aswell.

I know this but as I said before the thermostat never gets below 8 degrees even at -5 outside .even if it did come on not going to explain £70 of gas

Previous gas readings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240209_184232_EDF.jpg
    Screenshot_20240209_184232_EDF.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 27
Our smart meters were read by a meter reader yesterday. Why - as mentioned by the bloke who installed them - the smart part doesn't work so we have had estimated readings for rather a long time now. I assume many others installed around where we live are the same.

Why - as mentioned by the bloke who installed them - the smart part doesn't work so we have had estimated readings for rather a long time now.

Mine are working fully, and we sometimes still see meter readers come round - my guess is, they check that nothing has been obviously interfered with. To avoid estimated readings, there is nowt to stop anyone reading the meters, and sending them in for an accurate bill.

Sponsored Links
Back