Smoking

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
securespark said:
Yes, I agree, but as I said in a previous post, if you have no complications during pregnancy, there is no reason to suspect any problems during birthing, but if there are, the midwife will of course call an ambulance and go into hospital.

Julie had no complications during her previous pergnancies, and none now, so we don't expect any problems.

Agreed about the litigation. Insurance for midwives doing homebirths is extortionate and may even become unaffordable in the near future.

But it shows how much people know about home birth. Our midwife, when renewing her insurance, was asked "will you be carrying out cesars at home?"

Berk!!

I know what you are saying ... very close to home here !!
Midwifery is about thinking on one's feet ... every i cannot be dotted so the lawyer is hovering drooling litigation !! I guess this forces one down the route of percieved max safety.
No problems hey ? Wot about the child seats in the motor then ? Sorted ?
Just notced at foot of page

Page 10 of 9
Stop watching this topic

P

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Yes, I agree, but as I said in a previous post, if you have no complications during pregnancy, there is no reason to suspect any problems during birthing, but if there are, the midwife will of course call an ambulance and go into hospital.

Don't disagree with what's been said, but it depends how far away from the hospital you live, also for twins, it is advisable to be in hospital as the risk of complications, is much increased. Indeed, if my wife had given birth to our twins at home, I am in no doubt the the second twin would have died, possibly my wife too.

Smoking, I think that was the thread.....I went to Farnborough Airshow the other week, managed to blag my way in, to mix it with the mob there on their company day out, with no interest in aviation. The second aircraft I got to was an Easy Jet marked Airbus, barriers all round, and security staff under the aircraft, one of them smoking a cigarette. Who needs terrorists?

Sponsored Links
planenut said:
Smoking, I think that was the thread.....I went to Farnborough Airshow the other week, managed to blag my way in, to mix it with the mob there on their company day out, with no interest in aviation. The second aircraft I got to was an Easy Jet marked Airbus, barriers all round, and security staff under the aircraft, one of them smoking a cigarette. Who needs terrorists?
Was the person female, Burmese by any chance? ;)

Back