Snags and solutions

of course i was even more upset when i realised it was me.
PMSL!! Had the same on a recent night bus. I was looking around for the bloke with white hair! (it still looks more black than white to me in the bathroom mirror)

Sponsored Links
I know what your saying John but there a lot of "look how clever i am - that last sparky was shi*e " type tradesmen about. I would just like to get in there first. Defuse the argument for them. Maybe its how we are programmed to think nowadays watch your a**e.
I totally agree and fully sympathise with your position - we live in a CYA world full of people looking for something to pick up on! I think it probably should be 'mentioned' (but probably verbally, or even in a separate 'covering note' - if they have not already got the message from all your swearing and moaning :) ), but I'm not so sure about writing about it on an 'official' certificate. If you 'record', presumably 'as an issue', something which is actually compliant with the regs, sceptical/paranoid consumers might accuse you of trying to 'generate unnecessary work' for some tradesman - and, in any event, if you did record any comments, they would presumably be pointing a finger at the tradesman who fitted the meter?

Kind Regards, John

I've seen that in a corner cupboard with the cut-out, meter and CU behind!
We usually make the customer dismantle the cupboard if we need to work in these locations

Here's one for you westie

IMGP0636.jpg

:D

Sponsored Links
:oops:
ha ha. No credit where its due though. seen his install pics?
Besides how many forum members you know got a mention in Electrical safety councils 'Best practice guides' ?? ;)

I've fitted much worse like all those bathroom basins I used to have to supplementary bond as an apprentice :mad:

My college lecturer taught us that it was OK if the airing cupboard was immediately adjacent to the bathroom to do all the supplementary in there.

I presume you don't mean behind a gas meter
Certainly do!
Goodness! Are the gas suppliers always the culprit, I wonder? (I would imagine that many old houses had gas supplies before electricity ones). Would some of your predecessors perhaps have installed an electricity supply behind a gas meter, since it was an available bit of outside wall?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back