So the art of tidy installation isn't quite dead then

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just when I'd come to the conclusion that neat installation work was a thing of the past, I came across this when I arrived on site to install a network.

Compared to what I normally see, this was quite a surprise. Some previous leckies I'd had to work with, well lets just say I was "unimpressed" - one I'd be tempted to refuse to work with, they were that bad.

Sponsored Links
Very nice!

Are them tails "double insulated" or "insulated and sheathed" JOKE! :LOL:

Just when I'd come to the conclusion that neat installation work was a thing of the past, I came across this when I arrived on site to install a network.
Beautiful - so maybe they do still (occasionally) 'make them like wot they used to' :)

However, neatness can come at a price - are those tied conductors all rated appropriately for the 'grouping', I wonder?

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Nice Neat work - isn't it great when you have that much space to work in, especially with RCBO's compared to the fiddly, cramped Consumer units currently on the market.
I was in the US recently and they have very similar style boards to the three phase for single phase installations.
Loads of room and loads and loads of mcbs - seemingly every single socket and lamp was on its own circuit breaker.

Heres one of mine.

P1000392.jpg

These are all well and good but they are 3 phase boards with plenty of room and only a few RCBO's try making such a neat job on a typical domestic board full of RCBO's, unfortunately there is just not enough room.

:evil:

It's a dymo labeller but it's rebranded by tyco.

It prints on to heat shrink. It's good for that but not brilliant as a labeller TBH. Oh and the cartridges cost a fortune.

Compared to what I normally see, this was quite a surprise. Some previous leckies I'd had to work with, well lets just say I was "unimpressed" - one I'd be tempted to refuse to work with, they were that bad.

Cable ties.

Some of the wires look a bit short to me, making it hard for future adaptations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back