So what have you been upto this Bank Holiday ?

securespark said:
Recovering from Hole-in-the-Head surgery......

notb

But I'm well enough to wish you ATB. I've been there once (in 1992), and want to wish you enough strength to carry it through.

Now, I'm sure there's lots here that are saying "never mind wishing him well for his divorce, how about helping him to save his marriage?", but, from my experience at least, I knew that I had tried every which way to save my relationship and divorce for me was the very last desperate straw.

If you have children and can face it, it is very important that you sit down together and explain (in languague appropriate to their age) that you love them very much, that they are not to blame for what has happened, and whatever happens between you (ie partners), you will always love them.

You must try and do this together, and focus on the kids, and not let personal differences into the conversation, or bickering to break out.

If you are leaving, explain to them that you will arrange regular visits/ stays for them.

Good luck.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your kind words. Nope, no kids yet, in fact that has been one of the contributing factors. I have tried for years and years to make my marriage work, but I have given given given and received little back. Oh well!

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
I have given given given and received little back. Oh well!

Sounds familiar. I recognised that we had a problem (my 1st wife & I), so set about trying to solve it. Unfortunately, she believed I was the one with the problem, and therefore was unwilling to help.

You can't sort things like this out on your own, can you?

notb665 said:
securespark said:
Recovering from Hole-in-the-Head surgery......

notb

But I'm well enough to wish you ATB. I've been there once (in 1992), and want to wish you enough strength to carry it through.

Now, I'm sure there's lots here that are saying "never mind wishing him well for his divorce, how about helping him to save his marriage?", but, from my experience at least, I knew that I had tried every which way to save my relationship and divorce for me was the very last desperate straw.

If you have children and can face it, it is very important that you sit down together and explain (in languague appropriate to their age) that you love them very much, that they are not to blame for what has happened, and whatever happens between you (ie partners), you will always love them.

You must try and do this together, and focus on the kids, and not let personal differences into the conversation, or bickering to break out.

If you are leaving, explain to them that you will arrange regular visits/ stays for them.

Good luck.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your kind words. Nope, no kids yet, in fact that has been one of the contributing factors. I have tried for years and years to make my marriage work, but I have given given given and received little back. Oh well!

Have you tried relate? Don't be fooled, relate can often advise that separation is the best thing for both parties, if you haven't tried it, may be worth exploring ?

Johnny_t, coincidentally, I have 3 boys aged 6 and 4 (I presume you have twins) but I was born in yorkshire, so never mind being reminded that you don't belong, once you're born there you can't ever leave, as they will keep reminding you :D

SS, I presume you had the "shunt" inserted to allieviate the water on the brain issue you had, I hope you are keeping well.

Me bank holiday, getting the kids ready for school next week.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Have you tried relate? Don't be fooled, relate can often advise that separation is the best thing for both parties, if you haven't tried it, may be worth exploring ?

Yep, done that! I had already made my mind up before though. Too many things had happened. The counsellor said that seperation would be the best thing.

securespark said:
notb665 said:
I have given given given and received little back. Oh well!

Sounds familiar. I recognised that we had a problem (my 1st wife & I), so set about trying to solve it. Unfortunately, she believed I was the one with the problem, and therefore was unwilling to help.

You can't sort things like this out on your own, can you?

I thought for years maybe it was me. But now it has dawned on me it isn't, in the slightest. I feel freer and stronger and better than ever before, like a veil has been lifted. Thank you for telling me it isn't just me, very re-assuring.

Pleasure, mate!

eddie

no, it was an ICP bolt I had fitted, temporarily. It measured the Intra-cranial pressure, which was OK. Good news, but the bad is that the docs have to look elsewhere for a cause of the diplopia... :cry:

securespark said:
Pleasure, mate!

eddie

no, it was an ICP bolt I had fitted, temporarily. It measured the Intra-cranial pressure, which was OK. Good news, but the bad is that the docs have to look elsewhere for a cause of the diplopia... :cry:

Oh, not so good then, had hoped that you'd be sorted now, more time waiting huh? Chin up, keep strong. Off to the driving range soon, I could get used to being unemployed.

what else do you do on bank holidays...(get stuck in traffic) that's when i'me glad i've got an automatic,Pure bliss for them long slow moving queue's...and then when you arrive home,your just relaxing with a cup of tea...........and a voice in the background says ....This kitchen could do with a facelift......DOH.

Sponsored Links
Back