So...

So would you like to give us the details of these UK cities suffering hundreds of deaths a day ?

Manchester, for example. It's a city in Northern England. Quite close to Liverpool.

What's your nearest city?

Sponsored Links
but it is clearly not a fact it was a presumption
So you think omicron popping up here was a coincidence and nothing to do with travel from a known infected area?

Yes its an assumption. Bleedin obvious one.

So you think omicron popping up here was a coincidence and nothing to do with travel from a known infected area?

Yes its an assumption. Bleedin obvious one.
oh another one making up things in their heads now where did i say it didnt originate abroad try reading the whole thread before making an Ar5e of yourself

Sponsored Links
well that's a funny thing

I searched "Covid Deaths Manchester" and it showed me a graph, but figures for UK.

Sorry, my mistake.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, there have been 1,240 deaths involving COVID-19 among people living in Manchester.

How many of them did you know?

Last edited:
well that's a funny thing

I searched "Covid Deaths Manchester" and it showed me a graph, but figures for UK.

Sorry, my mistake.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, there have been 1,240 deaths involving COVID-19 among people living in Manchester.

How many of them did you know?
in the words of Donald thats some fake news from an average of less than 2 a day to over 200 have you been spec savers

I predict figures will plummet in the next couple of months. (when people start being charged for LF test kits)

The "fewer" referred to the number of severe cases.

there were discussions around the subject of "half as severe but twice as many cases would mean equal numbers of hospital admissions"

At the same time, the 'less severe cases' argument ignores the risk of variants.
The more cases there are, the greater the risk of a different variant emerging.

The 'less' referred to the severity, not the number of cases.

The "fewer" referred to the number of severe cases.
Sigh!
Sometimes some people are really tiresome.
I was addressing your comment about less severe illness from Covid infections.
That was abundantly clear, because a) I quoted your comment, b) I continued to explain why I was addressing the increased number of cases (which you also addressed) c) you also recognised that there wouldn't be any fewer people in hospital: "would mean equal numbers of hospital admissions", and d) my comment was an additional consideration of your comment, not a criticism or counter-argument.

Then you tried to correct my grammatical use of 'less'. I explained why your correction was misplaced because I was referring to the severity of the cases, not the number of cases.
So then you tried to argue that you were referring to 'fewer' severe cases. But in your original comment, you'd suggested that the number of severe cases would not be reduced: "would mean equal numbers of hospital admissions".
So please do us both a favour, and don't try to justify the unjustifiable. Otherwise, you'll end up sounding like your least admired politician.
Just put it behind you, and let us all move on. It will be forgotten about by tomorrow, unless you insist on perpetuating it.

Normally I'd point out that this sort of linguistic pedantry is boring and distracting from the thread. However in this case it is a massive improvement, carry on.

Sponsored Links
Back