Socket circuits joined togther... somewhere

Sponsored Links
Problem solved. Different electrician checked the consumer unit and put the wires back as they should have been, and now the socket circuits are not joined. Unbelievable my first electricians was suggesting the property probably needs a rewire when the issue was, as many on the forum suggested, wiring on the consumer unit. Thanks everyone for your help.
To put it bluntly that is the very first test that ALL OF US would have done in the situation, It's a bit scary they thought of other plans.

I'm so pleased it's sorted for you and I bet you're glad you asked on here for proper advice.

Will you be complaining to the first company, It's worth asking for a refund of the useles EICR?
It may be worth sending a link for this thread to them in the complaint.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all, for your help. I'm glad I came here for advice. I've left a message for the company owner (who gave me the report) so that he is aware the problem is solved by sorting the consumer unit - I'm sure he can figure out his electrician didn't do the job properly. I'll just not use them again, and won't recommend them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back