Soft plastic plug to replace a moulded one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The moulded mains plug on our Miele vacuum cleaner got damaged, so I replaced it with a regular one. But it's not ideal, as it's a bit hard and is therefore more hazardous when flailing around during cord retraction.

It could easily mark the wooden floor, or worse, and is likely to just break as they're not designed to be banged around. It's also larger than the slimline moulded plug, so doesn't fit into the retracted cord housing very snugly, which is an issue when the unit is stored stood up on its end.

So what I need a softer plastic plug. In fact, rather like a moulded plug, but one that will allow me to wire it. I can't find one...

Sponsored Links
A Duraplug is what you want I think.

Or order a new hoover cable with plug, and get the service manual to find out how to open up the hoover to connect.....

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. The Duraplug looks a little larger than I'd like, but I'll have a look in my local B&Q in Galway to see if they have one.

The softer rubber is more likley to leave a black mark on the floor (as shoes can)

Get a white one.

I got the Duraplug. It's a little larger than ideal, but fits into the recess alright - sometimes some manual reorientation might be needed.

It's a semi-soft plastic rather than rubber, so shouldn't leave marks on the floor. It's more likely to survive a few bangs than a hard plastic one anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back