Sour dough bread

I thought sour dough was a loaf that lost an argument?

Sponsored Links
@DP. C'mon, put the recipe up here and we can all give it a go.
It is not so much a recipe, more of a procedure that individuals modify for themselves to make sourdough.
Doing internet search for sourdough brings up tons of recipes all purporting to be the best and th3 way forward
Once the technique has been understood, budding sourdough bread maker stops making bricks ( even a thin slice of which is full of flavours), to make bread that is healthy; after all the bread has no additives- just water and flour plus 2% salt. Some flours can have upwards of 13% protein

Then comes a time when the individual realises flours from different sources or countries can have a profound effect on flavour and crust ( sadly some discard the crust). Toasted under the grill, buttered, now that is the way to start the day

Todays bake.
One is plain, other has cranberries in it.
Apple is for size comparison ( big Apple at that)

Attachments

• B51D02E5-F17F-42C5-80C4-6E8F4D47B541.jpeg
    B51D02E5-F17F-42C5-80C4-6E8F4D47B541.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 64
  • E50FC02A-11D7-4383-AF1B-CD9725C9CA08.jpeg
    E50FC02A-11D7-4383-AF1B-CD9725C9CA08.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
I keep making the starter, then not having the time to actually make the bread.

So i'm at least half committed to trying it.

Reactions: DP
I keep making the starter, then not having the time to actually make the bread.

So i'm at least half committed to trying it.
Secret is put the starter in the fridge, freeze it even. You can dry it and keep it in a jar.
In this weather culture matures in around 5 hours. Dough takes similar time. ****** or slow down the process by putting starter in the fridge

Look forward to seeing your effort sometime

Secret is put the starter in the fridge, freeze it even. You can dry it and keep it in a jar.
In this weather culture matures in around 5 hours. Dough takes similar time. ****** or slow down the process by putting starter in the fridge

Look forward to seeing your effort sometime

Brilliant thank you - I am REALLY keen to get back to this.

OK....I've done it.

Day one of starting my sourdough starter.

I've been here before. I think I got to day 4 and just forgot about it...never got around to baking with it.

Wish me luck.

It will be fine... Just keep feeding it daily, for the first week or two.

It will be fine... Just keep feeding it daily, for the first week or two.
Interesting, the recipe I am following basically said to only feed it for 4-5 days before putting it in the fridge.

Sponsored Links
Back