Sour dough bread

Sponsored Links
Post 121.
Claims to cure that issue but that could be snake oil

You'd pay a fiver for this?

39aa2c66-d9c3-4287-9986-1237d82fc319-jpeg.337569

Rather you than me - it looks like the kind of 'black bread' sold in Germany during the war; made from acorns and beech nuts. Weird.
Sometimes i roll the dough in sesame seeds but try to keep it simple these days.

Reactions: DP
You'd pay a fiver for this?

39aa2c66-d9c3-4287-9986-1237d82fc319-jpeg.337569

Rather you than me - it looks like the kind of 'black bread' sold in Germany during the war; made from acorns and beech nuts. Weird.
Sometimes i roll the dough in sesame seeds but try to keep it simple these days.
Don’t knock it till you try it is what I have to say.

Don’t knock it till you try it is what I have to say.
Years ago, i watched Hugh F-W catch cuttlefish, take 'em home and prep them for lunch. He made a mad sauce from the ink, jet black, like a printer had puked over the plate. Not for me Clive. Only black liquid i want to see at the table is a pint of Guiness. Ditto bread.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
I know, right. :cool: Saw that as i was listening to something else and thought of this..maybe 'London's Burning' would be apt for Bod's latest loaf. I like a hint of charcoal on the crust. Gives it xtra crunch.
It was a bit scorched :D

20240410_103121.jpg

Chia seed loaf .
I did this one on the shelve.

Left it in hear while it's hot because tha base was an dense.

20240410_103045.jpg

This seeded loaf could be my best yet. Nice hollow base and a little less brown than the one above.

I'll let them settle for 4 or 5 hours then the cut will tell all.

Are we all excited?

I'm learning all the time.

20240428_213219.jpg

I've got two more to bake tomorrow morning.

I premix half white and half wholemeal, leave in container to be used as need arises.

For starter you can use that mix also but I tend to use wholemeal as mixing larger quantity is too much for lazy me

Scoring is carried out when dough goes into the oven

Don’t take this as criticism, let it be constructive.
The loaves are lacking oven spring

Sponsored Links
Back